Sorry to disappoing, S4 wiring gives way after a week
Oct 24, 2009 at 8:39 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

ucrags84

100+ Head-Fier
I was really starting to like these cans. Burn in finished, and they sounded good, still a little bass heavy, but nice.

The wires were problematic, and finally last night when I was lightly adjusting the left channel in my ear, it went out. It started cutting in and out when i touched the wire housing connected to the driver.

Luckily, the store I bought it from has a return policy and this happened early enough. Read the Klipsch warranty CAREFULLY
ph34r.gif
. It does not cover problems with the cord, or WIRING even under normal use. The warranty cover problems if the driver suddenly stops working or has issues.

Since this would be an issue of the wiring connecting to a "functioning driver" I don't know how helpful the warranty would be.

Maybe it's just my lot, anyways a fair warning. I tried them out, light home use with the pc, and studying at the dinner table. No exercise,nothing vigorous.

Maybe I was Pulling these things out wrong? I was pulling from the housing, but heard a click or something when I tried to adjust: push or pull out. Perhaps I will get a replacement pair, call Klipsch customer service, and ask them the correct way to take these in and out.

Hopefully, I will be the first and last one reporting wire issues.

Oct 24, 2009 at 11:02 PM Post #2 of 7
Again, first report of a cable issue (that I have seen). You probably could have worked something out in the Klipsch forum, with Amy, the rep, or called them. They had some issues with the X10 woiring and honored the warranty anyway. Then, I believe they fixed it on later releases.

Anyway, a week is very odd. I might think they came somewhat "broken" and even light use completed the job. I've had mine two months, not cutting out or anything. Anyone else have a problem?

Also, is the wire frayed or torn? Is there any cutting in and out? It could be the driver, not the cable, possibly.

Oct 25, 2009 at 12:56 AM Post #3 of 7
Just got mine, already been burned in. They sound really good, to be honest. Gonna continue doing more listening. I really hope I won't have this cable problem even though the cable is REALLY a problem. Coming from my Sennheiser cable, this cable is pretty aggravating, but I guess I'll handle.

Oct 25, 2009 at 3:24 AM Post #4 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by ChroniCali /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just got mine, already been burned in. They sound really good, to be honest. Gonna continue doing more listening. I really hope I won't have this cable problem even though the cable is REALLY a problem. Coming from my Sennheiser cable, this cable is pretty aggravating, but I guess I'll handle.

Hey ChronICali, could you post your impressions on how the S4 compares to the PK3 and your other phones for that matter? I have the RE0 and while I like its silky smooth detail and presentation, I am looking for something with a bit more "ooomph" and think the S4 might fit that category.

Oct 25, 2009 at 12:05 PM Post #7 of 7
Contact Amy in the Klipsch forum, if you want a warranty replacement and not a return. We should monitor this situation, just as members did with the X10s and the PFEs (cracking).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back