Sorry to bother you guys.
Jul 31, 2005 at 10:46 PM Post #17 of 23
Check out the new Shure 2c in the headphones for sell section.

Good deal with extras thrown in.

buy.com has Etymotic 6i new for $81 shipped - but must order on their site by midnight. you get free budget shipping with 10% of of a already low price. That is the one to get.

Jul 31, 2005 at 10:58 PM Post #18 of 23
This thread once again proving Head-Fi has no grasp of budgets or criteria. You'll pretty much need isolation in a gym for working out, unless your gym is dead silent with no music, in which case the KSC-75's would be fine, although I can't see them staying on if you're doing benchpress. Otherwise I still think the EX51/EX71 will be fine because of the decent bass they put out ($25 from Amazon, can't really do wrong with them), you might want to try the Sharp MD-33, haven't personally tried them but they seem to be fairly good.

Jul 31, 2005 at 11:37 PM Post #19 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by MrXpress
This thread once again proving Head-Fi has no grasp of budgets or criteria. You'll pretty much need isolation in a gym for working out, unless your gym is dead silent with no music, in which case the KSC-75's would be fine, although I can't see them staying on if you're doing benchpress. Otherwise I still think the EX51/EX71 will be fine because of the decent bass they put out ($25 from Amazon, can't really do wrong with them), you might want to try the Sharp MD-33, haven't personally tried them but they seem to be fairly good.

i agree... the ex51 will smoke the stock buds in sound quality. sure it won't be "refrence quality", but its nice and fun and perfect for working out. it will give a little isolation to block ambient noise too, so you don't have to wreck your ears by turning it louder than you should. if you didnt need any isolation, the koss would be perfect (much better deal than the px100, IMO). i use my e2c for working out, killer isolation, decent sound - but honestly not sure if they're worth the extra 30 or so dollars over the ex51 if its just for an hour or so while working out.

buy the ex51, be happy, and never come back here - you'll save tons of money.

Aug 1, 2005 at 12:42 AM Post #20 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by MrXpress
This thread once again proving Head-Fi has no grasp of budgets or criteria.

lol......very true: A true head-fi-er can not stay on budget!

Aug 1, 2005 at 1:28 AM Post #21 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by bigboi18
I'm not a huge nut when it comes to headphones, but I need some help. I was told to come here by someone on a different forum I am on. Here is the deal, I recently picked up a shuffle. I need some decent earbuds, I have been checking out Sony's (ex51, ex71) for it. I will be using these for working out and thats about it. I need to keep the price low, or else I have to deal with the girlfriend kicking me. I mostly listen to trance, ambient, and rap, with a touch of rock here and there. I'd like good bass response. I need a very budget orientated pair. Trying to stay sub $40 pricing. I know it isn't a lot, I'd love to look at the Shures, but I'd just stand there and drool. Any help would be appreciated.

you havent bothered people until u do what i did. ask a lot of questions about the same things and getting the same answer in different forms of explaining things to me.

Aug 1, 2005 at 1:32 AM Post #22 of 23
I agree with EX51,EX71 suggestions. Definitely an improvement over stock earbuds.

Aug 1, 2005 at 5:57 AM Post #23 of 23
Thank you all. These are only going to be used at the gym, and for running a few times a week. Not to worried about the perfect sounding, spend more cause they are better set. I needed to stick in the limit stated, and get something that is decent. I appreciate all of the positive comments, the negative one's..... well I guess I should have expected it. Like I said earlier, this is a "first set" for me. So luckily all I have nothing to compare them other than the stock ones that came with my shuffle. I ended up going with the EX51's. I didn't like the extension piece on the 71's, thought it would be more of a hassle. Thanks for your time and comments. I'll be back when I need help with a "good" pair.

BTW, I couldn't pass up the deal. My buddy works at Best Buy. $24 and change.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back