Sorry, please recommend a set of cans for me
Dec 29, 2004 at 11:44 PM Post #31 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by LadFromWales85
Isolation isn't really important, as its usually quiet around when i'm listening to music anyway. If others hear my music when I am playing it, then thats not my problem, heh. The whole reason that I started listening to music with headphones so much is because the rest of my family don't like me using my speaker setup.

I love high grade audio equipment, but due to financial constraints, I can never afford anything that truely makes me happy. But, a headphone setup is much cheaper
biggrin.gif
I would like a speaker setup too, but it would cost me up to £1500, while a pair of A900's cost £100.

Basically, isolation isn't too important, comfortability is. Being capable of sounding good no matter what the type of music. I can't afford a set for type A and another set for type B like some people here can, I can afford one set of headphones, thats it
frown.gif
Working very well out of the box without a headphone amp would be good too, because I don't want to have to shell out even more money just for an amplifier.

At the moment I have no good headphones, just a pair of Plantronics Audio 90's, which can't produce an enjoyable sound no matter what, they just make me turn my music off, so it will be great to have a nice set of headphones again
biggrin.gif

I"m in the same boat as you, Plantronics .90's and music sucks lol, but hey why'd you get the A1000 pads?

Dec 30, 2004 at 11:45 PM Post #32 of 33
kramer5150
Bit daft to ask someone to consider a set of cans just after they have purchased other ones, isnt it
tongue.gif

Glad you like your DT770's, I've heard good things about them in the bass department, but the A900's are good at bass, and also good at mids and highs, while having a large soundstage, while the DT's are mainly good at bass. If I had the money, I'd have both
tongue.gif

Nice that they are easy to drive, I bet they arent as easy to drive as my Audio .90's, heh. When using laptop, I pump the sound from the IBM T20 to my Aiwa mini system, which has a very loud headphone output, I pushed two pairs of Technics RPF-800's too far with it, heh, driver units came loose on both pairs, lol.

Whats a KSC75?

Fleet
I've seen people here with A900's, who have had them months, use them every day, yet have no problems with the pads, yet others seem to damage them within weeks, they must have sandpaper on their ears
biggrin.gif

I ordered A1000 pads on impulse, lol, just saw them there and thought 'just in case, will be awkwood to order them separately later'

I don't know if they will be worth the extra $50, but either way, I will eBay either the A1000 or the A900 pads, depending on which I keep
biggrin.gif
So I will recover some of the cost regardless
smily_headphones1.gif

Why are ya jealous? order some yaself! You've made up ya mind, you want some A900's don't ya
smily_headphones1.gif

Creizai
I'm watching/listing to Animusic (http://www.animusic.com) through my .90's at the moment...they just don't do it justice, I want my A900's so I can listen to it properly, heh

Still 'Processing'
frown.gif

Jan 13, 2005 at 2:48 AM Post #33 of 33
Well, they are here! Had two days with them so far, and it must be said, they sound amazing. Initially, they sounded way to bright, but that has started to ease off now
smily_headphones1.gif

I am very happy with them, except one thing....there are very slight scratches on the left cup. I worry that they will grow into an even larger scratch...
frown.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back