Sorry. Awful
Status
Not open for further replies.
May 4, 2017 at 6:35 PM Post #16 of 30
Fair play Jude. I am sure that the is a hell of a lot of work going on behind the scenes. I'll stick with it and stop griping!

I should have explained more right after the change, but we just caught up in the work behind it. I'll make a post later today that goes over a lot of this, and then feature that post on the homepage.

Thanks for understanding, and don't hesitate to give us feedback, especially on bugs. We are going to keep working to restore core features/functionalities we've all become accustomed to.

By the way, for those of you who use mobile, Brian (@AxelCloris) just posted this:

https://www.head-fi.org/f/threads/a...-feedback-thread.845502/page-21#post-13470243

May 7, 2017 at 7:16 AM Post #17 of 30
Some trade/sale related stuff needs some fast working (trade score is now well hidden and same closed classified were re-opened, which induces a lot of undesired messages).

All the cosmetic stuff is important too but doesn't really prevent forum use.
I hope you can sort all of this out, with hard work and patience. :L3000:

Last edited:
May 7, 2017 at 6:30 PM Post #19 of 30
This new site is absolutely not user friendly. Now I cannot find my subscriptions. Searching in sub forums is bad and sending private message is awkward. Etc. Etc.
No matter how much work you've done the improper release of the new site without extensive testing is an absolute failure. I cannot believe the management team could let this pass. Did you guys ever even do a simple internal test?

Can we have the old site back PLEASE.

May 7, 2017 at 6:45 PM Post #20 of 30
Gentlemen, while I agree that the move was a big step backwards in functionality, I also understand that continuing on a now unsupported platform was not something the administration felt comfortable with. As a systems engineer, I can understand that. You either must have staff in-house that can support a project (which is a considerable expense), or you rely on vendors to support their products and those service contracts become the lifeblood of your company.

While I don't think this went as well as anyone hoped (almost certainly no-one more-so than the management), it has been explained that they were left with little choice in the matter and made what they felt was the best decision of a list of less than good choices.

Let's try to do something positive with what we have and not continue to beat a dead horse. How about everybody throws a few bucks in the hat so the management can afford to hire some short term coders? Extra hands could make shorter work of some of the issues that need fixing. How about it guys? I've got $20 I'll throw in the pot to start. How many of you get $20 worth of use out of the forum?

I think if we all put our money where our mouths are, the site could have a slush fund that would help make the transition a distant memory fairly quickly.

May 8, 2017 at 3:39 PM Post #21 of 30
Gentlemen, while I agree that the move was a big step backwards in functionality, I also understand that continuing on a now unsupported platform was not something the administration felt comfortable with. As a systems engineer, I can understand that. You either must have staff in-house that can support a project (which is a considerable expense), or you rely on vendors to support their products and those service contracts become the lifeblood of your company.

While I don't think this went as well as anyone hoped (almost certainly no-one more-so than the management), it has been explained that they were left with little choice in the matter and made what they felt was the best decision of a list of less than good choices.

Let's try to do something positive with what we have and not continue to beat a dead horse. How about everybody throws a few bucks in the hat so the management can afford to hire some short term coders? Extra hands could make shorter work of some of the issues that need fixing. How about it guys? I've got $20 I'll throw in the pot to start. How many of you get $20 worth of use out of the forum?

I think if we all put our money where our mouths are, the site could have a slush fund that would help make the transition a distant memory fairly quickly.
If this realty would help then I will chuck in £20. How would we go about it? I would point out that HeadFi is a commercial site. However, HeadFi means quite a lot to me. :)

May 8, 2017 at 8:18 PM Post #22 of 30
I understand that there is a commercial component to head-fi, but there is a lot of community here that is worth maintaining even if the commercial part were to change course. I would think a paypal link to Jude would be the simplest way to make this happen. I think I have an email, I'll check and see if it matches a paypal address.

May 8, 2017 at 8:23 PM Post #23 of 30
I understand that there is a commercial component to head-fi, but there is a lot of community here that is worth maintaining even if the commercial part were to change course. I would think a paypal link to Jude would be the simplest way to make this happen. I think I have an email, I'll check and see if it matches a paypal address.

Please don't try and PayPal Jude money.

May 9, 2017 at 7:40 AM Post #24 of 30
I think we should wait for someone from HeadFi to advise if this is something that they want to do. Which it probably isn't!

May 10, 2017 at 12:58 AM Post #25 of 30
Cannot be used from a mobile device I am coming less ans less here

May 10, 2017 at 9:11 AM Post #26 of 30
Me too, reviews are no longer valid as it dropped all the half stars and finding anything is not intuitive. Wish I thought it was going to improve quickly but re-coding a project takes time and resources and some things will probably not be possible with the changes in base. Its a shame the vendor forced them into a bad move.

May 11, 2017 at 2:27 PM Post #28 of 30
It's kind of a disaster. Basic functions that made navigating the site a breeze in the past simply don't exist anymore, like the search forum function, which was useful for people who didn't want to clog up threads with the same questions over and over... and with some threads numbering in the hundreds of pages, people don't have time to sift through all that crap to find the answer to a question. Google search is also not as helpful as you might think. Want to close your classified after selling something so people don't waste time clicking it to find the item has been sold? Can't do it. It's like building a house and forgetting to put in door knobs.

May 11, 2017 at 4:26 PM Post #30 of 30
It's kind of a disaster. Basic functions that made navigating the site a breeze in the past simply don't exist anymore, like the search forum function, which was useful for people who didn't want to clog up threads with the same questions over and over... and with some threads numbering in the hundreds of pages, people don't have time to sift through all that crap to find the answer to a question. Google search is also not as helpful as you might think.

You may have missed it, but "search this forum" is back.

searchforum.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back