Sophie Zelmani?
Dec 11, 2003 at 5:22 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Der Wolf

Head-Fier
Hi all,

I just did a search and was quite surprised, to come up with no results. nothing. nada. zero...

Her new Album "sing and dance" is absolutely stunning. I can just recommend it to everyone who listens to singer/songwriter music and female vocalists.

I like (just to give you a point of refference):

Aimee Mann
Tori Amos
Bic Runga
Anja Garbarek
Suzanne Vega
and so on

I'm listening to the cd right now at work and it's just beautiful. A great voice. And especially great recorded. So folks, try it out and tell me, what you think...

Lukas

Dec 13, 2003 at 11:25 AM Post #2 of 5
i like her a lot... a girlish voice singing beautiful, intimate, slightly poppish (without ever being bland) songs... who wouldn't love her
biggrin.gif

also try "time to kill", i even prefer it to sing and dance. the fact that zelmani is a virtual unknown even among fans of female singer/songwriters is a complete mystery to me. obviously can't be her looks
smily_headphones1.gif
(though i could care less about that)

by the way, there's someone essential missing on your list: heather nova. if she's under "and so on", please be ashamed
smily_headphones1.gif
. if she's not on your list at all, please try out "siren" or "oyster".

Dec 15, 2003 at 8:18 AM Post #3 of 5
Hi Riordan,

good suggestions, but unfortunately (or fortunately in this case?
biggrin.gif
) I allready own all of the albums metioned by you.

I'm listening to "Siren" as I type.

And you are right, Heather doesn't belong to "on and on". But, well, you can't remember everything...

But I still find it strange, that no one here seems to know Sophie Zelmani.

Lukas

May 7, 2006 at 9:34 PM Post #5 of 5
I've been a big fan for years... I bought her self-titled debut back in '96 or '97 and have picked up a few since. Her voice is great, and her songwriting is very good. Definitely a unique talent that hasn't had the success she deserves over here in the US.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back