Soo much fun with the HP1000
Feb 20, 2002 at 8:58 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 28

M Rael

500+ Head-Fier
I had such a gas driving around today with my HP1000s (HP1000's) ..my HP1000, that I had to change my avatar.

Feb 20, 2002 at 9:14 PM Post #2 of 28
Let me just express my first reaction to that post... HUH??

biggrin.gif

So, I guess you've boxed away your w2002??

Feb 20, 2002 at 9:54 PM Post #3 of 28
M Rael -> Drives around with his rare Joseph Grado HP-1000s

Me -> Listens to his HP-1000s only in the comfort and safety of his leather recliner, and makes sure they are safe and snug in their box when not in use.

Both -> Thinks they are incredible headphones! (I am assuming the M Rael loves his as much as I love mine)
biggrin.gif

Feb 20, 2002 at 10:03 PM Post #4 of 28
Driving w/ headphones on? Good thing no cops saw you, even if those Grados are open.
rolleyes.gif

How would you compare the W2002 to the HP1000, now that you're powering both w/ an amp?

Feb 20, 2002 at 10:31 PM Post #5 of 28
Pictures dont lie. I removed the allen head set screws and removed the speaker. I then replaced the 1/4" terminated cord with a good heavy duty mini jack cord. I use the HP1000 with my Apheared uber-Penguin amp. It rock, rock, rocks.

mod1.jpg

mod.jpg

Feb 20, 2002 at 10:36 PM Post #6 of 28
M Rael, forgive me if I'm wrong for using the words in conjunction with such rarified equipment, but isn't that a RADIO SHACK gold mini-to-RCA cable that you canibalized? HERESY!

And change back your avatar. Fast. Or the new members of Team AT will disown you.

Feb 20, 2002 at 10:37 PM Post #7 of 28
Quote:

Originally posted by M Rael
I removed the allen head set screws and removed the speaker. I then replaced the 1/4" terminated cord with a good heavy duty mini jack cord. I use the HP1000 with my Apheared uber-Penguin amp. It rock, rock, rocks.

Mark, tell me again..........how many people bought the W2002s on your recommendation?
wink.gif

Feb 20, 2002 at 10:43 PM Post #8 of 28
I mostly live in uncharted territory; for better or worse.
smily_headphones1.gif

p.s. this is definetly the best portable sound i've ever had, bar none. and please dont worry about the HP1000's- i have the original 'Joseph Grado Signature Ultra-Wide Bandwidth Reference Cable' in good keeping. the headpones themselves are not made out of candy glass, for crissakes.. i'm a big guy, and I can take care of myself, and them.

Feb 20, 2002 at 11:36 PM Post #10 of 28
Oh puh-leeeaze! Such a bunch of poncy hairdresser types I've never seen in all my life. I'm having a good time with this though.. I shouldnt complain about you. You're doing better than I expected with it. I was trying to get a 'multiple faint' post out of dhwilkin, but I failed.

Feb 21, 2002 at 12:28 AM Post #11 of 28
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

*Clutches chest*

*Heart attack*

*Dies*

Feb 21, 2002 at 1:01 AM Post #12 of 28
Quote:

Originally posted by Vertigo-1
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

*Clutches chest*

*Heart attack*

*Dies*

Thanks for dropping dead Vertigo, I knew you wouldnt let me down.

(!)

Feb 21, 2002 at 1:07 AM Post #13 of 28
Quote:

Originally posted by Vertigo-1
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

*Clutches chest*

*Heart attack*

*Dies*

So, which headphones will you wear in your coffin?

Feb 21, 2002 at 1:23 AM Post #14 of 28
We'll have to bury them both together. One will be in a hand-made coffin, from 500-year-old trees lovingly cut down by ancient Japanese woodworkers, lacquered 500 times, one layer for each ring in the tree. And there'll be the second hand-made coffin, made of mahogany from that famous tree grown in Brooklyn which bears the carved-with-a-boy-scout-knife initials of the 5-year-old prodigy named Joe Grado. Of course, there'll be a 15" subwoofer installed in each of the caskets to contribute deep bass for those in attendance, who are all wearing headphones as they listen to every possible recorded format of the last will and testaments of the dearly departed and argue over which sounds best. The mourners are expected to each lay a piece of used interconnecting cable on the caskets before shuffling off, making sure that tears don't fall on their portable audio units and short-circuit anyone in attendance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back