Soo I need a reccomendation for a IEM.
Aug 4, 2013 at 1:11 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

angelo898

100+ Head-Fier
Soo... Sadly I have had my head in the clouds for too long, and am no longer able to find a nice IEM for a low price. I need a IEM which can do most genres, not microphonic, forgiving and works well unamped. All this would be great if it could be US$100 and below or even better, AU$100 and below. Great to be able to be bought in Australia. Please help me out here, thanks guys.

Aug 4, 2013 at 6:21 PM Post #7 of 13
Yes, the HiFiMAN is highly regarded in the sub $100 range. You can get it for $99AU as well.

Aug 5, 2013 at 2:49 AM Post #10 of 13
I picked up a pair of the Shure SE215 recently. I'm really enjoying them. I play them off of my iPod Touch most of the time. They feel very analytical to me but I'm new to this hobby and the only thing I have to compare them to is my Grado SR80. 

Aug 5, 2013 at 5:56 AM Post #11 of 13
The CKM55's bass isn't the one you hear, it's the one you just feel. Really really deep. And it also isn't too bassy like some Kosses I've heard. But yeah, might be there better IEMs, I've bought my CKM55 about 2-3 years ago

Aug 5, 2013 at 10:46 PM Post #12 of 13
I was also deciding whether to get the RE-400 but I decided to buy the T-Peos H-100 instead. Check them out.

Aug 7, 2013 at 4:11 AM Post #13 of 13
IF I were you i would buy the shure se215s. THe company has great warranty and the sound is quite good. THey are also fairly durable and come with detachable cables so you know theyll last you some time. It tends towards a neutral sound signature and will appeal to most genres. They are comfortable to wear and have  sturdy build. But be careful because they have an over the ear design which may turn some heads.
That aside, I also want to enter in the Klipsch s4 for consideration. They are very cheap (in the US reaching around 40 bucks on amazon) and you should see if you can find a deal like that in Australia. They have a strong V shaped sound signature which is usually good for enjoying your music (they are fun and interesting to listen to). Keep in mind that this sound signature best serves hip hop, pop, electronic, and other types of heavily synthesized musics. But there are durability issues and ive heard that Klipsch international (outside of the US) does not handle warranty very well. But im just saying you should consider it. This is great bang for your buck and if you just want to enjoy your music but save some money this may be a good choice. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back