Sony's New Mp3 Lineup
Aug 19, 2011 at 9:30 AM Post #16 of 27
Sadly, Sony's servitude is selling, said Sally.

The X series, like their SACD players, are not high-volume sellers, they will however continue with their DAP's, they sell more DAP's than Apple, in certain countries? :wink:

With that said... I'm more excited about the Teclast T59 than any new Sony DAP's, I dislike how they focus on battery life and UI instead of sheer power, unlike Teclast, I show the battery of my T51 to friends and they're like What, and yet it only lasts for 8 hours or so LOL.

Aug 19, 2011 at 1:22 PM Post #20 of 27
Can someone please notify me when the 64GB A series is released in the EU? I plan on importing one, EU volume cap be DAMNED!!!

Aug 19, 2011 at 1:47 PM Post #21 of 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by peaceful1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

can you please explain more detailed 

You're correct that a $200 smartphone that does everything will have acceptable sound, but good luck finding a mobile phone in Japan for $200 that can do anything! :wink:

Sony has the stronghold of the DAP market over there (in front of Apple) so they'll continue to release DAP's I think, but we'll only see a glimpse of it in the EU and US.

Just theory.

Aug 19, 2011 at 3:01 PM Post #22 of 27

Quote:
Can someone please notify me when the 64GB A series is released in the EU? I plan on importing one, EU volume cap be DAMNED!!!

can't you buy from a Japanese seller that will ship to the states ?!

Quote:

You're correct that a $200 smart phone that does everything will have acceptable sound, but good luck finding a mobile phone in Japan for $200 that can do anything! :wink:

Sony has the stronghold of the DAP market over there (in front of Apple) so they'll continue to release DAP's I think, but we'll only see a glimpse of it in the EU and US.

Just theory.

thanks , now i understand what you mean at first your answer was  general so I didn't get your point.

Aug 19, 2011 at 3:04 PM Post #23 of 27
That EU volume cap thing is a laugh.

Who's the EU to tell every living person in every European country what the acceptable listening volume is?

Does a DAP come anywhere near the volume level of a nightclub or a concert? Are they going to volume cap those too? Idiots.

Aug 19, 2011 at 8:22 PM Post #24 of 27

can't you buy from a Japanese seller that will ship to the states ?!

thanks , now i understand what you mean at first your answer was  general so I didn't get your point.

Yes, I can import it from Japan, but with only Japanese as the OS's language on the device. I want English in the settings - and that's that!!! I could have had the last gen Sony Walkman in 64gb imported from Japan - no English/no sale.:mad:

Aug 30, 2011 at 4:27 PM Post #25 of 27
If you can have some 1 take a picture of all the menus in english just a SS of all the screens it could be done then. Just refer to the pictures to get it set up the way you want then you are golden. It can be done if you want 64gb bad enough but i dont blame you for not wanting to do it.

Aug 30, 2011 at 8:03 PM Post #26 of 27

Quote:
If you can have some 1 take a picture of all the menus in english just a SS of all the screens it could be done then. Just refer to the pictures to get it set up the way you want then you are golden. It can be done if you want 64gb bad enough but i dont blame you for not wanting to do it.

Dude, if it's not in English I don't want it!!! 'nuff said,...

Aug 31, 2011 at 7:17 AM Post #27 of 27

Quote:
I assume Sony has reached to this point that X series were way to expensive as a DAP 
A smart phone that does near anything with an acceptable sound can be bought with 200$, So it won't make any sense for a Brand like Sony to renew such product

Not where I am. Most of them dont' have SQ and then how are you to know, most of the mobile reviews are very inconsistent about SQ. Then they usually don't have handy controls, and have dire battery life. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back