Sony Xperia Z5 Range - Audio Quality
Sep 17, 2015 at 2:46 PM Post #121 of 407
If Sony ever does a true walkman/phone, I'd be so happy... Well at least up until I discover the price. I'd probably have to sell a kidney to buy one. BTW the selling of body parts for phones and other gadgets alike is actually a real thing.
:confused:

obsidyen Funny how the compact received a volume increase. My Z3 doesn't seem to display any.

I love the look and the added finger print sensor. Having touch I.D. Was something I really want on my Z3. I can be pretty impulsive when new goodies release and the new Z5 line is looking extremely tempting to me. >.<

Sep 18, 2015 at 3:15 AM Post #122 of 407
If Sony ever does a true walkman/phone, I'd be so happy... Well at least up until I discover the price. I'd probably have to sell a kidney to buy one. BTW the selling of body parts for phones and other gadgets alike is actually a real thing.
:confused:

obsidyen Funny how the compact received a volume increase. My Z3 doesn't seem to display any.

I love the look and the added finger print sensor. Having touch I.D. Was something I really want on my Z3. I can be pretty impulsive when new goodies release and the new Z5 line is looking extremely tempting to me. >.<

Sony can compromise on processor by using MTK chips if they wish to add S Master chip.
BTW recent sony phones have shown loud output from headphones like xperia m5

Sep 19, 2015 at 12:15 PM Post #128 of 407
Can a headphone DAC/Amp improve Z3 audio quality even furthur? or it will just make it loud?(i am talking about USB DAC)

DAC+Amp and USB port = your Amp doing the decoding, the sound quality is from your Amp, the Z3 is a transport only (10011000101010000) stuff and not music.

If you amplify the analog aux out, the quality can only get louder and some colored tone from your own amps. It depends on how you like that colored signatures and the "pairing" with your gears. You may call it "better" or "not exactly"

Sep 22, 2015 at 12:44 PM Post #130 of 407
Sony also bragged about Xperia Z5 high-resolution Audio. But who knows what kind of DAC it has. The SnapDragon DAC since 801 was able to play back High-Resolution audio. So it is not the question in whether or not a device is "Capable" of playing High-res audio, but rather the "quality" of the play back as in Definitions, resolutions, and linearity. I would love Ifixit to do a tear down and expose those DACs

Sep 22, 2015 at 1:20 PM Post #135 of 407
We already know it's a Snapdragon 810. Sony didn't announce anything about a separate, dedicated DAC in addition to the stock one that comes with the 810, so I don't see the point in speculations that suggest otherwise.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back