Sony xperia XZ range audio quality
Dec 25, 2016 at 2:20 PM Post #212 of 235
dac is not even important for the reasons we talked above. at the end of the day its all about the results and how it sounds.

i highly doubt you would disappointed if you get the XZ as it's the best overall phone on the market including sound quality. 

Also
http://www.gsmarena.com/sony_xperia_xz_emerges_as_top_late_2016_flagship_after_note7s_demise-news-22290.php

cheers!

Dec 25, 2016 at 6:59 PM Post #213 of 235
  dac is not even important for the reasons we talked above. at the end of the day its all about the results and how it sounds.

i highly doubt you would disappointed if you get the XZ as it's the best overall phone on the market including sound quality. 

Also
http://www.gsmarena.com/sony_xperia_xz_emerges_as_top_late_2016_flagship_after_note7s_demise-news-22290.php

cheers!

There's a bunch of factors to affect how good the sound will be. DAC is just one of them. I wouldn't say it's NOT important though. lol 

Best overall I'd maybe agree with. Not sure on battery life though, as well as audio. Definitely in the top 3 though. F Samsung. lol 

Jan 5, 2017 at 11:23 AM Post #214 of 235
Finally sold the XZ last night.  Just didn't have what I wanted in audio. Just not able to power decent headphones well enough and I'm not interested in buying a portable amp, that would defeat the purpose.  I had high hopes for it but it didn't deliver.  It was a good all arounder in probably every other aspect though but if youre looking for something mainly for audio, probably look elsewhere.

Jan 5, 2017 at 1:22 PM Post #215 of 235
  Finally sold the XZ last night.  Just didn't have what I wanted in audio. Just not able to power decent headphones well enough and I'm not interested in buying a portable amp, that would defeat the purpose.  I had high hopes for it but it didn't deliver.  It was a good all arounder in probably every other aspect though but if youre looking for something mainly for audio, probably look elsewhere.

Hey Club, 

I C. Aside from the XZ not being loud enough, are you also saying you didn't feel the DAC was "up to par" either?? I wasn't clear on that. 

I have the Xperia X Performance myself, which someone on XDA told me has the EXACT same audio technology as the XZ. About a month ago I decided to test it out on headphones vs. my $299 Oppo HA-2 portable amp/DAC. Upon comparing the two side by side on my AKG K551 headphones, I could definitely hear a difference in favor of the Oppo. The XZ did sound good, but the Oppo provided slightly clearer and less veiled sound quality, and apparently a bit more detail too. Plus of course the Oppo could get louder too, but that's besides the point. 

Jan 18, 2017 at 12:17 AM Post #218 of 235
Hey all. Just wanted to show my love for the Sony XZ. I was coming from a burner Samsung through cricket and before that had been rocking a Nokia 808 pureview. When I found myself in a position to drop a little extra for a phone I heavily considered my options says audio as I rely on my Anne M2s and don't mind lugging two pieces of tech around. Initial impressions are outstanding given I just got it in the last week (the F8332, forest blue of course) and immediately set out for the updates. Everything has been very fluid and one point I have to say is I. Regards to capturing objects in motion, this phone handles that very well. Factor in color and overall balance and with everything else included is just icing on the cake. I used to sell phones for awhile a few years back and even when I did I was not impressed with a lot of the offerings by most major players, hence why I went backwards with a Nokia 808 which I proceeded to hack. Finally catching up with modern day devices I feel as far as 2016 goes this phone was a true under dog. That being a shame honestly makes me like/treasure it more. Plus it's nice to compare to my immediate family whom are all in on iPhone (iPhone 6s, iPhone 7 and 7+). I haven't had a chance to see them yet but am looking forward to showing them something other than iPhone that kicks compete ass.

Cheers everyone :call_me:

Jan 18, 2017 at 1:18 PM Post #219 of 235
Hey all. Just wanted to show my love for the Sony XZ. I was coming from a burner Samsung through cricket and before that had been rocking a Nokia 808 pureview. When I found myself in a position to drop a little extra for a phone I heavily considered my options says audio as I rely on my Anne M2s and don't mind lugging two pieces of tech around. Initial impressions are outstanding given I just got it in the last week (the F8332, forest blue of course) and immediately set out for the updates. Everything has been very fluid and one point I have to say is I. Regards to capturing objects in motion, this phone handles that very well. Factor in color and overall balance and with everything else included is just icing on the cake. I used to sell phones for awhile a few years back and even when I did I was not impressed with a lot of the offerings by most major players, hence why I went backwards with a Nokia 808 which I proceeded to hack. Finally catching up with modern day devices I feel as far as 2016 goes this phone was a true under dog. That being a shame honestly makes me like/treasure it more. Plus it's nice to compare to my immediate family whom are all in on iPhone (iPhone 6s, iPhone 7 and 7+). I haven't had a chance to see them yet but am looking forward to showing them something other than iPhone that kicks compete ass.

Cheers everyone :call_me:

congrats man enjoy it. I wish I could the XZ myself but my z3 is still doing very good (with some minor problems like proximity sensor cough) but the XZ has a lot of new technology and features in a premium package that I think so far is umatched by any other company. I'd say htc10 is really good and underrated, but man is the XZ is so far ahead.

I was thinking what color I'd get since they all look so nice. Platinum looks amazing.. But I've heard the forest blue changes colors depending on what angle you look at it which is crazy. Everyone is copying sony with the glass sandwich design but sony has moved into the future with this alkaledio metal its insane.

How is the camera and the screen, and the battery life? 

cheers mate!

Jan 19, 2017 at 6:12 PM Post #220 of 235
congrats man enjoy it. I wish I could the XZ myself but my z3 is still doing very good (with some minor problems like proximity sensor cough) but the XZ has a lot of new technology and features in a premium package that I think so far is umatched by any other company. I'd say htc10 is really good and underrated, but man is the XZ is so far ahead.

I was thinking what color I'd get since they all look so nice. Platinum looks amazing.. But I've heard the forest blue changes colors depending on what angle you look at it which is crazy. Everyone is copying sony with the glass sandwich design but sony has moved into the future with this alkaledio metal its insane.

How is the camera and the screen, and the battery life? 

cheers mate!

I agree Sony somehow are not recognized for their ingenuity and trendsetting as less others who can't do it as well or with that fair Sony is known for. As for the screen to me it's perfect, along with the camera and battery. Here's why, the screen is when on its side, very easy on the eyes and the colors are very well presented and more natural compared to other competitors. The camera for my purposes is amazing. I'm not a photographer by any means but I can be known to listen to music and snap away when going to and from work. Auto superior mode is quite good for those looking for no fuss or parents without enough time to go through various settings to catch that moment or fond memory. Additionally manual mode is quite competent and should please those who are more serious or demand more accuracy. The battery does very well for how much I use the phone which is basically some calls, texts and surfing, I've yet to need the stamina mode, but glad to know it's very good and should extend me if I see myself suddenly I a position of being without my charger. Which, speaking of the one in the box was not a quickcharge charger so I invested in a aukey quickcharger 3.0. The times I've used it (which is twice so far) charged the phone within a hour. Compared to other past phones it was a breeze. With the 2900mah it's really enough and no one should be put off by it as long as you remember to get the quick charger and for heavy users utilizing stamina mode may be desirable.

All in all a solid phone in itself, the forest blue color option sealed it though. As for finger prints it is prone to catching them, but I just carry a microfiber cloth in my wallet and if it happens to be a little smudgey I tend to it, but also do to my work and personal hygiene just clean my hands and tend to my things pretty regularly so it's always on point.

If you find yourself in a position to get the Xz you won't be disappointed

Jan 23, 2017 at 9:05 PM Post #221 of 235
Recently had my Aune die on me on the way home last week. Took off my Nakamura Aclear Porta NXT-2AK from the Aune and popped it on my XZ. The combo playing out of my new pair of Nuforce primo 8s was actually quite good and came really close to the Aune in terms of quality though there were differences in favor of the Aune. The drive with which it had was greater, no surprise. So while I did feel it was good for quiet listening, riding on the bus can be annoying or disruptive to the listening session. Very good detail retrieval and tonal balance. More to come if people are interested in a in depth side by side

Mar 3, 2017 at 1:08 PM Post #222 of 235
What do you think about the new upcoming XZs. Any improvements on the audiojack output? Would u recommend XZ for anyone who is trying to listen music directly from their phone or is there any other better choice at the footprint of 5.2 inch phone.

Mar 6, 2017 at 3:39 PM Post #223 of 235
What do you think about the new upcoming XZs. Any improvements on the audiojack output? Would u recommend XZ for anyone who is trying to listen music directly from their phone or is there any other better choice at the footprint of 5.2 inch phone.

I personally have not looked into the XZs, I actually had the battery I believe crap out on me on th XZ out of no where, which was quite surprising. As for your question regarding music playback I would have to say that if you possibly gravitate or really just use BA iems you should be fine, but dont go thinking it will drive DD well. I would suggest as alternatives the iPhone SE, ZTE axiom mini as at least they are more music oriented or will get support/addons to help, where as the Sony is sort of a jack of all trades type of phone. Hope this was helpful:)

Mar 6, 2017 at 10:30 PM Post #224 of 235
your best bet is probably the htc10 as far as sound its also a good phone overall as well. 

I have a sony z3c it has very good sound quality and the music app is probably the best any smartphone bar none. The only real issue with Sony is the low volume. which I don't mind to be honest it might actually help you not go deaf. 

the xz is a great phone. Whehter you pick the htc10 or the xz you can't go wrong. and like expiredlabel said, Sony is like the best overall phone. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back