Sony xperia XZ range audio quality
May 2, 2017 at 2:41 PM Post #226 of 235
does the eq on the XZ work for streaming as well as the music player. I hve the sony ZX2 dap and the eq affects streaming services like tidal, but on my sony xperia z3, the eq doesn't affect tidal at all.

May 5, 2017 at 10:25 AM Post #228 of 235
does the eq on the XZ work for streaming as well as the music player. I hve the sony ZX2 dap and the eq affects streaming services like tidal, but on my sony xperia z3, the eq doesn't affect tidal at all.
That actually has to do with Kit Kat being the last version across all Android, where the EQ works globally

May 5, 2017 at 11:16 PM Post #230 of 235
if you can find a way to load Kit Kat onto it...

Jun 15, 2017 at 5:31 PM Post #231 of 235
Hi Guys,

Just got a XZ premium and having difficulty connecting to external DACs specifically iDSD BL. All other android phones work seamlessly with the iDSD BL, this is the first one. The audio does not direct through the DAC dont know why, looks like it is not detecting the device. Also having issues with bluetooth with the car stereo. It connects but the song keep looping.

Any suggestions is appreciated.

Thanks

Jun 16, 2017 at 6:19 PM Post #233 of 235
You have to force the USB detection. There is a shortcut in the quick selection menu.
It works this way since Z5 series to avoid shortcuits in the USB port.
The same applies for USB on the go and thumb drives.

Jul 31, 2017 at 12:48 PM Post #234 of 235
So the eq does affect tidal as well on the Sony XZ?
I just remembered some apps do allow the stock sound enhancements equaliser to apply. Apparently the developers need to allow the setting compared to previously where it worked globally. An example is Google Play Music where the I know the EQ does apply. As for Tidal, I haven't tried. If it works on any phone greater than KitKat it should work on the XZ.

Jul 31, 2017 at 1:36 PM Post #235 of 235
I just remembered some apps do allow the stock sound enhancements equaliser to apply. Apparently the developers need to allow the setting compared to previously where it worked globally. An example is Google Play Music where the I know the EQ does apply. As for Tidal, I haven't tried. If it works on any phone greater than KitKat it should work on the XZ.

My Sony ZX2's eq affects Tidal. My Sony Xperia Z3's doesn't.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back