Sony Xperia 1 Impression Thread
Oct 3, 2022 at 5:36 PM Post #317 of 367
Nice.
Can you elaborate the difference between the Xperia and the DF a bit more, if I may ask?

Thought the Xperia will have a tough stand driving such low ohm headphones bc of getting short of the needed current.

Tia. :v:

Oct 3, 2022 at 6:55 PM Post #318 of 367
Nice.
Can you elaborate the difference between the Xperia and the DF a bit more, if I may ask?

Thought the Xperia will have a tough stand driving such low ohm headphones bc of getting short of the needed current.

Tia. :v:
Only that Tidal Hifi sounds way better than Spotify, the phone is probably made for Tidal ref the 360 function..

The Dragonfly has abit better amplification, and is also "made for Tidal".

On Spotify it's no to little difference.
The resolution is abit better also with Tidal/Dragonfly.

Last edited:
Oct 12, 2022 at 9:30 AM Post #319 of 367
Upgraded my iFI Zen DAC V2, and joined Tidal Hifi plus, hope its ok that I got payday the same day as my Subcription pay begins.

Wow, insane soundquality on both Dragonfly Xperia and Zen DAC V2

I updated both my Ifi USB driver and the Ifi firmware, I now got the GTO filter, and special MQA decoding.

I dont care that its not real real hirez, it sounds great, and I love the Gui and program, its easy to use. Have Spotify Duo also.

If You have a brand new Ifi Zen Dac v2 its probably upgraded from factory, I really recommend the GTO filter, but most of your songs Will play in light blue white colour, this is the GTO.

Last edited:
Oct 12, 2022 at 5:53 PM Post #320 of 367
I dont care that its not real real hirez, it sounds great, and I love the Gui and program, its easy to use. Have Spotify Duo also.

If you like it, that's all that matters :)

And thanks for mentioning our ZEN DAC :)

iFi audio Stay updated on iFi audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/people/IFi-audio/61558986775162/ https://twitter.com/ifiaudio https://www.instagram.com/ifiaudio/ https://ifi-audio.com/ https://www.youtube.com/@iFiaudiochannel comms@ifi-audio.com
Oct 18, 2022 at 8:08 AM Post #321 of 367
Back to Sony Xperia 1III, it's clear that Tidal has way more solid connection bt than Spotify.

It's strange (since Cd and hirez) uses more info in signal than Spotify, but no dropouts on Tidal Ldac.

The Sound also is amazing wired on Tidal, I use Hifi on the go and Master at home.
if you play local files, it's recommended that you use the Sony music app, and that you check the SETTINGS, pure direct, hirez and more.

if you connect a usb DAC you press the button for exclusive mode that automatically shows...

Screenshot_20221018-135751~2.png
Screenshot_20221018-135848.jpg

Screenshot_20221018-140104~2.png

Last edited:
Nov 13, 2022 at 3:05 AM Post #322 of 367
I use Tidal app and download Master Quality to internal memory of the PRO-I.
On the run I play Master Q in the Off-line mode of the Tidal app.
(Hi-Res) Files on microSD are play with Sony Music App.
PRO-I Sounds much better than my Sony Xperia performance, great that Sony stil has an eye for a good amplifier.
I most use Ultrasone iQ wired. Output is sufficient to drive these in-ear.

When I shake my PRO-I I hear a ticking mechanical noice inside the phone, like something internal is loose.
Everything is working fine though.

Can you try and respond? It is just a bit more then the sound of the (volume) buttons.

Nov 13, 2022 at 10:38 AM Post #324 of 367
Or maybe a g-sensor? Do you hear it too?

Dec 2, 2022 at 3:55 AM Post #326 of 367
I use Tidal app and download Master Quality to internal memory of the PRO-I.
On the run I play Master Q in the Off-line mode of the Tidal app.
(Hi-Res) Files on microSD are play with Sony Music App.
PRO-I Sounds much better than my Sony Xperia performance, great that Sony stil has an eye for a good amplifier.
I most use Ultrasone iQ wired. Output is sufficient to drive these in-ear.

When I shake my PRO-I I hear a ticking mechanical noice inside the phone, like something internal is loose.
Everything is working fine though.

Can you try and respond? It is just a bit more then the sound of the (volume) buttons.
My Xperia 1III also clicking when I shake it, I've never noticed this before, I bet it is the physical big Camera lence. It also activate and clicks when the phone is turned on.

Mar 8, 2023 at 6:46 AM Post #328 of 367
I got a new main board in my 1iii on warranty since my Compass and gyroscope had malfunction..

It's working good now, still got a miss on the accelometer test, but an app says all sensors are working and tested.

Soon time for a new phone... Think I go for Sony again.

Over to audio? Has someone tried to pair the Xperia with the new Sennheiser IE200 rather affordable In ear for about 150$?

Mar 8, 2023 at 2:14 PM Post #329 of 367
What do you mean with pairing? I am so fond of the Pro-I, cause it still has the 3,5mm minijack for a wired headphone.
The more expensive the headphone the more you get out the headphone amplifier.
It’s very good.
Big improvement compared to my Experia Performance.
I use Ultrasone iQ in-ear for everyday use.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back