Sony Xperia 1 Impression Thread
Apr 9, 2020 at 1:30 PM Post #31 of 367
Not sure whether its wired balanced or not but Xperia flagship phone has always been able to accept 5 pin 3.5mm for their ANC headphones, i wonder whether they wire it differently to accomodate dual amp this time?

I mean, the guts is probably gonna be 90% the same as Xperia Pro, so prob some gear need that config somewhat?

Last edited:
Apr 9, 2020 at 2:06 PM Post #32 of 367
https://www.cirrus.com/products/cs35l41/
There's an English site for the CS35I41.
it does stated to be mono channel, but it's also an amp chip designed for Smartphone use, so prob 2 of them is their default configuration, knowing the Xperia I mk2 has both stereo speaker and Headphone jack.

May 23, 2020 at 1:14 AM Post #34 of 367

Sony uses their Battery studio M. Wilder again to assess both the speaker and headphone out performance of the Xperia 1mk2. the speaker with a fixture where Mark hear how it perform from a short distance, on its H/O they used the Z7Mk2 to test it.

And they tasked an actual sound engineer to go at it. If nothing else, at least we know someone that knows music had a hand on its sound tuning.

Also a mention of stronger amplification sure is appreciated, its the weakness of older Sony Flagship phones. speaker can be a bit too quiet to fill a room properly. that and the Z7Mk2 isn't really an easy headphone to drive, so if it can do that headphone properly, it'd be enough for like 95-99% headphones in the market.

May 25, 2020 at 10:51 AM Post #35 of 367
Lots of pre-production youtube videos out there now.

May 25, 2020 at 11:07 AM Post #36 of 367
the one that gonna do the audio test first is prob JuanBagnell then an article from gsmarena

May 25, 2020 at 2:08 PM Post #37 of 367
Do you guys think the USA model without 5G will have better Battery life than the the international model?

Or is the 5G battery drain insignificant? Like 1% compared to a 4k oled screen.

May 25, 2020 at 8:04 PM Post #38 of 367

Lew for the unboxing, he's there for the front firing speakers as he's quite critical on that

May 27, 2020 at 6:56 PM Post #39 of 367
It ultimately comes down to if Sony implemented drivers to allow the DAC section to bypass Android resampling for apps like Tidal. Otherwise, if you are forced to use UAPP, I doubt it will sound much better than the LG phone.

May 27, 2020 at 6:58 PM Post #40 of 367

Lew for the unboxing, he's there for the front firing speakers as he's quite critical on that

Although he didn't get to the audio as much, I really love how well the video and picture quality comes out from it! As a filmmaker, I'm loving this phone (Except that 4k 60fps is only for Cinema Pro and at 2.39:1 widescreen)

May 27, 2020 at 10:10 PM Post #41 of 367
There’s guide lines at least for 16:9 and other size of content, it is unfortunate that they can’t just give a bigger sensor read out with just straight on taller 16:9 tho.

Jun 3, 2020 at 10:56 PM Post #42 of 367

someone did some dive on the sound quality and features of the phone.
They use some proper gear like JustEar CIEM and MDR M1ST, it's just they're talking Chinese (Cantonese?) and I'm not in reach of my pc to have YouTube auto translate the captions to English, so can anyone tell me what he's saying, abbreviated?

Jun 4, 2020 at 1:22 AM Post #44 of 367
It seems like the Cirrus Logic chips are just there to power the speakers.

There is no mention of output specs like the Vivo Pro.

Jun 4, 2020 at 5:21 PM Post #45 of 367
Theres just so many things going on in smartphone that its kinda a waste to include sophisticated dedicated chips when interference and noise would just wreck its end performance IMO.
The LG in the end only worth it for its higher output power for me, anything else, a lot is better.
If anyone want to make a phone with dedicated Hifi audiothey gotta devise a way to completely isolate it from the phone part. That would sacrifice overall design and size, battery perf included.

Did sony disclose the Vrms of the headphone jack? The LG one is 2Vrms, if I can recall correctly from the Z7m2 thread.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back