Sony Xperia 1 Impression Thread
Feb 23, 2022 at 11:05 AM Post #271 of 388
10 minutes is the longest screen on time.
But you can have Screen always on as standar screen saver.

It has ability to show albumart in Poweramp, it's a smaller picture and you don't get marked controls.
You get album art and a clock.

Last edited:
Feb 23, 2022 at 9:19 PM Post #272 of 388
What do you mean? Close down?
Sound? Then try to factory reset your phone, if that doesn't help get a new phone on warranty.

If it's the Screen??? That's a screen saver settings to save battery.
No, I mean if I am listening to a podcast on Podcast Addict, or music on Poweramp, as soon as I do anything else on the phone: brows the web, emails, put it in my pocket and walk off, it is a matter of minutes before the battery management closes the app and the audio stops. The built in Music app does not.

I have disabled Battery Manager, gone to the Restricted apps and removed the ones I want to continue, and in APPs "Don't optimise" in the power saving feature.

As soon as I open the app, these settings get over ridden by the system and the audio stops fairly soon.

Feb 23, 2022 at 10:25 PM Post #273 of 388
That's fairly weird, does that behavior happen to other apps as well? Ie Spotify, Twitch picture in picture, and if you have Youtube Premium, also YouTube?

Feb 23, 2022 at 10:53 PM Post #275 of 388
Yep that's why I mention "if you have premium' for YouTube case.
Just asking some question:
Do you have any memory wiping apps in the background, do you?
Have you checked what apps are running in the background when this happen? Have you tried rebooting the phone and try music playback then?
I'm not sure it's memory problem as the damn thing got over 12gb ram, but just making sure as you said you've disabled all battery saving features.
Even the battery saving options on my Xperia, I don't think ever closes app by itself.

Unless your phone comes from China? If I remember correctly, China-bound phones are mandated to have egregious battery saving features that other region doesn't have.

Feb 23, 2022 at 11:30 PM Post #276 of 388
Yep that's why I mention "if you have premium' for YouTube case.
Just asking some question:
Do you have any memory wiping apps in the background, do you?
Have you checked what apps are running in the background when this happen? Have you tried rebooting the phone and try music playback then?
I'm not sure it's memory problem as the damn thing got over 12gb ram, but just making sure as you said you've disabled all battery saving features.
Even the battery saving options on my Xperia, I don't think ever closes app by itself.

Unless your phone comes from China? If I remember correctly, China-bound phones are mandated to have egregious battery saving features that other region doesn't have.
Yes, it is the Chinese one. Could be it.

So I'm not going to get any help on this I guess as I cannot talk on Chinese forums. The language is tough

What about the hapless playback in the Music APP? Can that be fixed? My previous Xperias have been fine

Feb 23, 2022 at 11:59 PM Post #277 of 388
Yes, that's why many Tech Youtubers never use limited China-only phones even if they like them as many times they ended up missing notifications due to that aggresive battery saving features.
It's just something I remember many of them saying tho, so there may be ways to circumvent it, look into some forums, especially ones dedicated to using Xperia outside of the region its bound to. Who knows what you'd find, there's many dedicated fans of Sony out there.

Feb 24, 2022 at 12:40 AM Post #278 of 388
Yes, that's why many Tech Youtubers never use limited China-only phones even if they like them as many times they ended up missing notifications due to that aggresive battery saving features.
It's just something I remember many of them saying tho, so there may be ways to circumvent it, look into some forums, especially ones dedicated to using Xperia outside of the region its bound to. Who knows what you'd find, there's many dedicated fans of Sony out there.
Understood, but I live in China, and the Hong Kong boarder is restricted with quarantine, so I cannot get a google based phone.

Feb 24, 2022 at 6:04 AM Post #279 of 388
Ah ha!

There is an APP pre loaded called Power Optimiser. It seems to have taken over. I have removed the apps from its list and it seems to be working.

Feb 24, 2022 at 6:39 AM Post #280 of 388
Hopefully your annoying problem doesn't persist anymore after that

Mar 2, 2022 at 5:17 PM Post #281 of 388
Anyone who have a problem with Skippy sound on LDac with the wh1000x3? Or x4?

It's much more nice to use connection priority and SBC...

Weird that Sony Xperia can't be better with LDac. But it's ok with SBC...

Mar 2, 2022 at 6:27 PM Post #282 of 388

Dankeschon

I use LDAC from my Xperia 5ii, with my Sony WH-H910N h.ear on 3 headphones, and even at best LDAC rate on the Sony app, it sound great and doesn't stutter at all.

Last edited:
Mar 2, 2022 at 7:54 PM Post #283 of 388
Anyone can confirms that there's an equalizer setting on Xperia 1/5 Mkii and above? I've tried listening from Xperia 10 Mkii and it does have a good SQ but if I could simulate higher gain from EQ my IEM would open up wider. But it seems that 10 Mkii doesn't have any EQ. Does it applies to all Xperia?

Mar 2, 2022 at 10:35 PM Post #284 of 388
I thought newer Xperia have Dolby DSP option?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back