Sony XBA-N3AP and XBA-N1AP — Impressions thread
Feb 1, 2022 at 11:31 PM Post #2,089 of 2,298
Tks friend, so WM1A + N3BP will have more bass than A55 + N3AP , it cost too much more
I don't have the A55, but I do have the old NW-A35 to drive my XBA-A3AP. The A3 is so easy to drive and at volume = 52 (over 120???) it is so loud with good bass (not too boomy and good texture). I'm not a bass head though so please take my words with a grain of salt. I don't own many CDs with electronic sound so the closest CD to your genre I could find is Kylie X and the bass in songs like "2 hearts" or "like a drug" sounds really good.
Mind you my A35 is 2 generations before the A55 so I expect the A55 to be even better than this. The only issue is that you have the N3BP which comes with a balanced cable (?) but the A35 and A55 both comes with SE 3.5mm input only so you may need another cable or adapter.

Feb 1, 2022 at 11:35 PM Post #2,091 of 2,298
Feb 1, 2022 at 11:38 PM Post #2,092 of 2,298
I don't have the A55, but I do have the old NW-A35 to drive my XBA-A3AP. The A3 is so easy to drive and at volume = 52 (over 120???) it is so loud with good bass (not too boomy and good texture). I'm not a bass head though so please take my words with a grain of salt. I don't own many CDs with electronic sound so the closest CD to your genre I could find is Kylie X and the bass in songs like "2 hearts" or "like a drug" sounds really good.
Mind you my A35 is 2 generations before the A55 so I expect the A55 to be even better than this. The only issue is that you have the N3BP which comes with a balanced cable (?) but the A35 and A55 both comes with SE 3.5mm input only so you may need another cable or adapter.
Thank you, Im thinking about purchase Wm1a to pair with my n3bp. But wonder wm1a will be better than A55 in all aspect? Is it worth to upgrade ?

Feb 1, 2022 at 11:39 PM Post #2,093 of 2,298
Feb 1, 2022 at 11:52 PM Post #2,094 of 2,298
Thank you, Im thinking about purchase Wm1a to pair with my n3bp. But wonder wm1a will be better than A55 in all aspect? Is it worth to upgrade ?
I don't have the 1A so I can only compare it to my 1Z. I also don't have a balanced cable for my N3 so I'm comparing the 1Z to A35 using the 3.5mm. The immediate change that I can hear is that the sound is cleaner than the A35 (less boomy and slightly more detail). It's obviously better, but then we have to take price in as well. In Singapore right now A55 is selling for 219 SGD while the 1A is 1599 SGD. I don't think the 1A is 2 or 3 times better than the 1A, let alone 6 times in price.
If I am in your shoes I may choose to use the budget to invest in a better IEM. Changing IEM is much easier to upgrade sound compared to changing DAP. I don't think the A55 is bad at all for the N3, except the balanced cable issue.

Feb 2, 2022 at 12:34 AM Post #2,095 of 2,298
I don't have the 1A so I can only compare it to my 1Z. I also don't have a balanced cable for my N3 so I'm comparing the 1Z to A35 using the 3.5mm. The immediate change that I can hear is that the sound is cleaner than the A35 (less boomy and slightly more detail). It's obviously better, but then we have to take price in as well. In Singapore right now A55 is selling for 219 SGD while the 1A is 1599 SGD. I don't think the 1A is 2 or 3 times better than the 1A, let alone 6 times in price.
If I am in your shoes I may choose to use the budget to invest in a better IEM. Changing IEM is much easier to upgrade sound compared to changing DAP. I don't think the A55 is bad at all for the N3, except the balanced cable issue.
Thank you so much for the useful help, I totally agree that 6x times price is a really big trouble. Actually , last time I sell my ZX-507 cause the worst ever battery DAP I can see , despite its sound + N3BP is really amazing . So Now I will choose to buy A55 + N3AP, and sell or save the N3BP for later. almost time when I use is on the morning ride , or in car. In My country now, they discount for A55 and N3AP.

Feb 2, 2022 at 12:54 AM Post #2,096 of 2,298
Thank you so much for the useful help, I totally agree that 6x times price is a really big trouble. Actually , last time I sell my ZX-507 cause the worst ever battery DAP I can see , despite its sound + N3BP is really amazing . So Now I will choose to buy A55 + N3AP, and sell or save the N3BP for later. almost time when I use is on the morning ride , or in car. In My country now, they discount for A55 and N3AP.
Try the A55 and N3AP and use a PC to apply custom firmware from MrWalkman: https://nwmods.ml

I have both A55 and WM1A and i like them both. I mainly like the WM1A for big screen and battery, for IEMs and earbuds the A55 is still very good.

edit: fixed link

Last edited:
Feb 2, 2022 at 1:00 AM Post #2,097 of 2,298
Try the A55 and N3AP and use a PC to apply custom firmware from MrWalkman: http://nwmods.ml

I have both A55 and WM1A and i like them both. I mainly like the WM1A for big screen and battery, for IEMs and earbuds the A55 is still very good.
Thank you , so I wil buy A55 and N3AP , if have more budget, will invest a WM1A later :D . tks for very useful info , friend !

Feb 2, 2022 at 1:42 AM Post #2,098 of 2,298
Thank you , so I wil buy A55 and N3AP , if have more budget, will invest a WM1A later :D . tks for very useful info , friend !
I have been rocking the A35 for 5 years now and still counting. You won't be disappointed!

Feb 2, 2022 at 10:18 AM Post #2,100 of 2,298
Good news, Sony discounts on Wm1a, so I will buy Wm1a to pair with N3Bp, so that comes to end game to me, no more upgrade :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back