Sony XBA-N3AP and XBA-N1AP — Impressions thread
Aug 11, 2020 at 12:09 PM Post #1,742 of 2,298
How about the model XBA-N3BP with balanced cable, where it has disappeared?
I see that only sellers from eBay located in Japan have them for sale, but I live in Sweden and I cannot find these models anywhere in Europe.

Any thoughts/suggestion from where I can purchase them with warranty in Europe, preferably?

Aug 11, 2020 at 12:15 PM Post #1,743 of 2,298
How about the model XBA-N3BP with balanced cable, where it has disappeared?
I see that only sellers from eBay located in Japan have them for sale, but I live in Sweden and I cannot find these models anywhere in Europe.

Any thoughts/suggestion from where I can purchase them with warranty in Europe, preferably?
You can buy it from amazon japan: https://www.amazon.co.jp/ソニー-SONY-バランス標準プラグケーブル付属-2017年モデル-XBA-N3BP/dp/B0756KVG3K
1597162365854.png

Although they are used sets. But amazon has excellent return rules and they refund the shipping costs too. (they want you to ship it back with DHL if you want to return it and it costs around 1200 "kr" when I returned an iem of course they refunded me the entire cost.)

Aug 11, 2020 at 12:16 PM Post #1,744 of 2,298
All I've seen are Japan sellers, I bought mine used in very good/excellent condition here in the For Sale forum

Last edited:
Aug 11, 2020 at 12:17 PM Post #1,745 of 2,298
I have never bought from Amazon Japan. Are you based in Europe and have you shipped to EU anything from Amazon JP?
I could buy the N3AP and upgrade the cable with a balanced one... this can be a second option, as the N3BP seems to be a rarity and it's available only in Asian markets.

Aug 11, 2020 at 12:22 PM Post #1,746 of 2,298
I have never bought from Amazon Japan. Are you based in Europe and have you shipped to EU anything from Amazon JP?
I could buy the N3AP and upgrade the cable with a balanced one... this can be a second option, as the N3BP seems to be a rarity and it's available only in Asian markets.
I live in sweden lol. Västra götaland to be more specifc :joy:

No issues with amazon japan really, some items/sellers dont send here though. But fortunately some sellers of the N3 do.

Aug 11, 2020 at 12:27 PM Post #1,747 of 2,298
I live in sweden lol. Västra götaland to be more specifc :joy:

Hej hej! :))
Greetings from Täby/Stockholm!

As you can see, Amazon JP does not delivers to Sweden. I'll have to try another path...

With what have you tried your earphones? I just bought now two days the Sony NW-ZX507 DAP from Germany and I am looking for a good pair of earphones from Sony.

no delivery to Sweden.jpeg

Aug 11, 2020 at 12:38 PM Post #1,748 of 2,298
Hej hej! :))
Greetings from Täby/Stockholm!

As you can see, Amazon JP does not delivers to Sweden. I'll have to try another path...

With what have you tried your earphones? I just bought now two days the Sony NW-ZX507 DAP from Germany and I am looking for a good pair of earphones from Sony.

no delivery to Sweden.jpeg
I use the Ibasso DX160, you can check my iems and other stuff here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1YNuslYM4CrhMPrOLofzTm4ei7HEfP8AI1zxswrMw2ho/edit?usp=sharing

1597163770183.png

As you can see 4 of them ship to me. So it shouldnt be a problem for you

You can look into the Ibasso IT00 since that seems quite similar to the N3 and much cheaper and easier to get.
graph (27).png

Aug 28, 2020 at 10:49 AM Post #1,749 of 2,298
Can anyone suggest me an iem with similar signature as the XBA N3 but without the bass boost (as in a little more neutral bass)?
For reference I listen to many genres (rock, jazz and some classical-instrumental) but I rarely listen to electronic music like EDM.
Thanks

Last edited:
Aug 29, 2020 at 2:26 AM Post #1,750 of 2,298
Can anyone suggest me an iem with similar signature as the XBA N3 but without the bass boost (as in a little more neutral bass)?
For reference I listen to many genres (rock, jazz and some classical-instrumental) but I rarely listen to electronic music like EDM.
Thanks

Tinhifi T4 or remove bass with eq

Sep 7, 2020 at 10:36 PM Post #1,751 of 2,298
Thanks

The M7’s and M9’s. They don’t have the dynamic driver for that punch you don’t want.

Sep 8, 2020 at 7:34 AM Post #1,752 of 2,298
Big fan of my n3s, I got a balanced cable but reverted back to the stock normal cable as the only balanced output I have is a zx300 and I found I was switching the cables too often, which leads me onto my question / help request - My right earbud disconnects too easily now, luckily not bad enough that I have a problem when I listen but lots of times when I take it out of its case, it will fall off. Does anyone know a fix for this? (beyond sticking a bit of glue in there..). Perhaps the thread has been pushed in a little and there's a technique to 'pop' it out a little or something to make the connection more secure.Any ideas would be great..

I'm happy to commit to the standard cable going forward to be honest, the audio difference is minimal enough for me to not worry about the hassle / damage of cable swapping (with my ears at least).

Sep 8, 2020 at 9:09 AM Post #1,753 of 2,298
Big fan of my n3s, I got a balanced cable but reverted back to the stock normal cable as the only balanced output I have is a zx300 and I found I was switching the cables too often, which leads me onto my question / help request - My right earbud disconnects too easily now, luckily not bad enough that I have a problem when I listen but lots of times when I take it out of its case, it will fall off. Does anyone know a fix for this? (beyond sticking a bit of glue in there..). Perhaps the thread has been pushed in a little and there's a technique to 'pop' it out a little or something to make the connection more secure.Any ideas would be great..

I'm happy to commit to the standard cable going forward to be honest, the audio difference is minimal enough for me to not worry about the hassle / damage of cable swapping (with my ears at least).
Yes MMCX has that problem, some one told me.uou shall never pull MMCX like a normal 3.5mm plug, better to put a bit pressure on the base of the connector (like using long finger nails or Final audio MMCX assist tool)

Sep 8, 2020 at 9:14 AM Post #1,754 of 2,298

Same case with me, I put the glue to solve the problem. It will not be in pristine condition as a result but I have no worries as I do not have a plan to sell it. Just drop a little if you plan to do that.

Sep 8, 2020 at 12:57 PM Post #1,755 of 2,298
I actually think it's my standard cable rather than the headphone which is better, I've noticed there are some vertical slits that I might be able to pop a knife into and lever it out a bit - need a magnifying glass before attempting that though, will give that a go before the glue but encouraging that that has solved it for you aisalen - cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back