Sony XBA-H1 Pictures and Impressions!
Oct 16, 2013 at 5:57 AM Post #31 of 71
How about the isolation after you used them in various environments ? There is some vent hole on the H1 ? If yes can you put later a picture where the vent is visible.

Isolation is very good, on par with most BA IEMs and the Atrios. I commute by multiple trains and have no issues.

I cannot see a vent hole.

could you compare H1 to a former XBA iem? best would be the xba 3... I am curious about the bass, if it gets bloated due to the dynamic driver

I can barely remember the XBA-3, so take this with a grain of salt. The XBA-3 was very much "BA" quality bass, better than all single/duals and on par with bass tuned triple driver IEMs. There was no comparison to dynamic driver bass, little rumble, deep but not sub-bass deep, if you know what I mean. The XBA-H1 is very much dynamic driver bass, so is an order of magnitude more bassy than the XBA-3. It depends which type you prefer.

Hope this helps.

Thanks
EK

Oct 18, 2013 at 4:53 AM Post #33 of 71
Very interesting impressions so far. I am especially looking forward to other's point of view as well. If there are any more positive impressions i may just buy them because they are really cheap for the sound quality being described.

Dec 2, 2013 at 3:05 PM Post #36 of 71
HI,
I am wondering should I buy the XBA-h1 (€70) or the denon C400 (€100) ?? Which ones do you think are better?? The denons right? Because they are dual armature and the sony's are single armature? But is the difference worth €30?

Dec 19, 2013 at 9:04 AM Post #37 of 71
Wow these look interesting!

Think I'm still gonna go for the CKS1000 tho

Dec 19, 2013 at 2:08 PM Post #38 of 71
  Wow these look interesting!

Think I'm still gonna go for the CKS1000 tho

You could have mine... BUT you would have to pry them out of my cold, dead ears!!! 
biggrin.gif

Dec 19, 2013 at 4:04 PM Post #39 of 71

You could have mine... BUT you would have to pry them out of my cold, dead ears!!! 
biggrin.gif

It could've been much easier if you have the DN-1000.... 
rolleyes.gif

Dec 20, 2013 at 6:19 AM Post #40 of 71
Dec 20, 2013 at 6:30 AM Post #41 of 71

Right, thats changed my mind then.

Dunu DN-1000 here I come
tongue.gif

You won't be disappointed mate. I use them exclusively for EDM, Electronic, RnB and Hip-hop!
Looking forward to your impressions...

Dec 20, 2013 at 7:38 AM Post #42 of 71

You won't be disappointed mate. I use them exclusively for EDM, Electronic, RnB and Hip-hop!
Looking forward to your impressions...

Order placed!! xD

FedEx 1-5 days delivery from MP4Nation, paid £115.20 in total. Lets see what the fuss is all about.

Btw can you give us a short comparison IE Dunu DN-1K vs Sony XBA-H3?

Dec 24, 2013 at 11:58 PM Post #43 of 71

Oh my those are pretty beefy. I had the XBA40 and those look almost as big.

Good luck with them! Shame about the pouch esp. for the price. Hope the sound makes you forget the pouch and the red :)

The xba40 is a bigger phone, these are not as big as they look. plus the H1 has a better fit/shape so its a different ballgame.
Both are comfortable though.

Jan 22, 2014 at 8:37 AM Post #45 of 71
Hi

I've bought a pair of xba-h1's and listened to them last night with great expections. Unfortunately they didn't meet them! I listened to them on both my MZ-NH1 and MZ-RH1 players with uncompressed material. Maybe I have been spoilt with my MDR-1R's, but the H1's left me thinking that they had over enhanced and loose bass, although they do extend way below what you'd expect for an IEM... and also the clarifty wasn't there with a lacking high end.

Do these get better with burn-in? My MDR-1R certainly did. I've left them running all day today to see if there'll be any difference tonight.

My intention is get the NW-ZX1 as a source for both my headphones. Even my MDR-E838's seem to give more clarify. Maybe I need to give it more time, but at the moment I'm considering sending them back for a refund.

Matt

Users who are viewing this thread

Back