Sony XBA-H1 Pictures and Impressions!
Jul 27, 2014 at 6:58 PM Post #61 of 71
I couldn't help it, and I got a pair of the Yamaha EPH-100. They've already burned in pretty far, and to be honest, I can't pick whether I like them or the Sonys better. I might update with some comparisons if I get time.

Nov 2, 2014 at 4:59 PM Post #62 of 71
Awesome pair of IEMs - fantastic for long listening sessions. Dark, but still punchy and unveiled.

I definitely prefer them to the Shure SE215s (not a big fan of warm, treble enhanced sound).

They are currently going for crazy low prices on eBay, Amazon, et cetera in like-new condition.

Nov 2, 2014 at 11:26 PM Post #63 of 71
Awesome pair of IEMs - fantastic for long listening sessions. Dark, but still punchy and unveiled.

I definitely prefer them to the Shure SE215s (not a big fan of warm, treble enhanced sound).

They are currently going for crazy low prices on eBay, Amazon, et cetera in like-new condition.

Wow, I have the SE215 and I agree with what you said about them. Are the XBA-H1 really better than the SE215? If yes I plan to get them with the PHA-1.

Apr 3, 2015 at 5:24 PM Post #64 of 71
So I purchased the XBA H1. I don't really like them. I can't put my finger on it but they just seem so bland to me. 

has anyone tried the the Sony XBA-2iP? Or the momentum in ear?  

Jul 20, 2015 at 10:15 AM Post #65 of 71
Just letting you guys know, if you use these daily like I do, be VERY protective of the jack. I make a conscious effort not to hold my player by the cable, or to exert any type of pressure on the jack, but after about a year of use, the jack has worn out. It has to be placed in a very specific position with a significant amount of force to get the full signal through. Since it has been over a year, these are out of warranty, and I'll have to go to a repair shop to get the jack replaced. So, if you're a heavy user I advise either going for another set or being EXTREMELY careful.

I would like to add, when the music is coming through, I have no complaints about the performance. Considering I used to use them daily (until they wore out and I had to switch to full headphones until I get around to repairing them), I can assure you that they offer very good performance for the cost.

Jul 25, 2015 at 9:58 PM Post #66 of 71
I sort of impulse- bought these since I got them for only about $90. At first I didn't care for them, and even after near 100 hours of burn in, treble seemed to not just roll off, but drop off, just no extension. Also, I am sourcing them solely off of my iphone 5, so it isn't quite fair for a set near 40 ohms impedance. With that said, I removed the little wax guard filter in the nozzle ( because I have good hygiene, and I never get wax in my buds.) man, those things were filtering out some of the treble! Now, at high volumes, these things can even sound bright! Note that I am using the silicone tips. The foam filled ones didn't work for me, and comply tips didn't help sound quality in this instance. So yeah, I'd like to contribute that thought to you other owners. Cymbals have a very pristine yet contained shimmer, especially in the intro to Metallica's "hell and back". Snare drums are also very sharp, vocals sound more natural, and less like the singer is covered in a blanket. Guitars sound kick ass now, especially the throaghty guitars used in metal music. Damn, do they sing. You can also hear these In Linkin Park's hunting party album, as they use guitars used for metal music. These sound so good with that album, especially because the recording has outstanding quality.

I can confirm after trying this that the foam was holding some treble back

Dec 3, 2015 at 8:55 PM Post #67 of 71
these are my first good quality iems...at first my reaction was 'meh';
but then over the last month or so,
the more that i use them the they start to grow on me.

...it's also about isolation/good fit as well as the quality of your music and equipment.

i only have an apple nano (sure decent dac but not stellar)
 but upon turning off the equalization and thus playing 'flat', these suckers can run unadorned by filters
they shine on their own...at first i missed some of the filtering but now really appreciate it
(though on my EQ itunes settings i'll still tweak a bit with a slight 'smile').

so overall, on 'flat' imo they sound great and pretty balanced to me (but i'm no audiophile
with a ton of listening to other iems as are many on here).

lastly I think that you can have the best iems in the world, but if the music source going into them is 2nd rate
(ie an old recording, compressed) then so will your listening experience, regardless of $$$$
to those who have $$$ let me know if i'm right or wrong.

this said I would like to step up...a gent on here suggested the x2...also considering other
series like the shure 846 but for now I only stream music and have an older nano
(my 'ripping'' is only with itunes for now, lol).

Nov 10, 2020 at 8:43 AM Post #71 of 71
I really like this earphone. A couple of days unfortunately the right side doesn't sound. I move the cable, sometimes it sounds. Can it be repaired or discarded?
My Sony dealer can't fix it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back