Sony XBA-H1 and XBA-H3 Hybrid Dynamic and BA IEM
Oct 19, 2013 at 5:05 AM Post #601 of 3,257
Long time lurker, first time poster, I picked the H1's today and after an afternoon listening to them I would say compared to the xba-3's they have a much better soundstage ,better (slightly north of neutral but not by too much) bass and more natural highs, but don't have the detail or separation that the xba-3's have. Overall I would say they're a solid side-grade and well worth the money, but not necessarily a definite upgrade.

Well that's discouraging... :frowning2:

Oct 19, 2013 at 5:19 AM Post #602 of 3,257
why has everyone a H1 right now? I ordered at sony the H3 and it will arrive on 29th, is the H1 faster or are the other countries faster?

PS: regarding the music, i love lindsey stirling, but theres one song which is even better: Chase and status- end credit

Oct 19, 2013 at 5:42 AM Post #604 of 3,257
Well that's discouraging...
frown.gif

I thought as much that one driver can not separate instruments and have a sound stage like xba3 

Oct 19, 2013 at 5:47 AM Post #605 of 3,257
Not really surprising that 3BAs work better than 1 and a DD in certain ways. Remember the xba3 was effectively the flagship (with the 4 being apparently a low level booster rather than a better version. Compare h1 to xba 1 if you want fair comparison?

Oct 19, 2013 at 6:26 AM Post #606 of 3,257
I thought as much that one driver can not separate instruments and have a sound stage like xba3 

There has to be a reason to pay double the cost :wink: Question is though is it a) worth it b) necessary - I would love to hear somebody who has both the H1 and H3 and tell me what they think.

Right - currently my H1's are plugged into my MacBook Pro listening to my iTunes library instead of my iPhone 5S. I kept thinking the bass on my macbook pro was huge more, then I realised I had the EQ on Bass Booster lol - shows these cans can take more bass if you want it though. Too much for me.

Oct 19, 2013 at 6:37 AM Post #607 of 3,257
There has to be a reason to pay double the cost
wink.gif
Question is though is it a) worth it b) necessary - I would love to hear somebody who has both the H1 and H3 and tell me what they think.

Right - currently my H1's are plugged into my MacBook Pro listening to my iTunes library instead of my iPhone 5S. I kept thinking the bass on my macbook pro was huge more, then I realised I had the EQ on Bass Booster lol - shows these cans can take more bass if you want it though. Too much for me.

Can't wait to get mine :D

Oct 19, 2013 at 8:25 AM Post #608 of 3,257
The main reason why I was looking forward to the H1 is because I know that Sony has a different sound signature that will compliment well with my T-PEOS H-200 and DUNU DN-1000. It'll be interesting to do a comparison of the three hybrids.

My XBA 3 couldn't really hang with my hybrids. If the H1 can't even outperform the XBA 3, I may have to pass this time. I don't think I can afford the H3 at its current retail price; so unless they go on sale at 50% off, I'm out! 
frown.gif

Oct 19, 2013 at 8:47 AM Post #610 of 3,257
The H3 release date is later than H1 according to Sony.

I think this will depend on the country of release, in japan all will be released on the 25th, and hong kong it should be released anytime with all three available.

Oct 19, 2013 at 10:39 AM Post #614 of 3,257
I don't think I've ever really posted my impressions of a headphone on here, but I have to admit that I've been waiting with baited breath for the H3, so I guess it as good a place to start as any.
I bought it as a future backup headphone, but as of now it is my most expensive headphone, so I can only compare it to what I've heard in the past and what I expect from headphones.
I'm not the un-boxing type, but I waited so long for these that I had to take a couple shots.
Japan has a release date of 10/25, but if you pre-ordered from the Sony store directly there was a delivery date of the 17th. A plus for ordering direct from Sony.
A couple of shots of the H3.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back