Sony XBA-H1 and XBA-H3 Hybrid Dynamic and BA IEM
Oct 18, 2013 at 12:17 AM Post #572 of 3,257
Something I never thought to ask. Are the H1 over ear or only meant to hang down?

Oct 18, 2013 at 10:25 AM Post #577 of 3,257
Pretty sure the headphone jack on the PC is altering my sound...  How common is this, and would a Fiio E6 be a good buy to remedy it? Nevermind that the E6 is a great buy regardless...  Now I'm beginning to feel it: <good gear ---> upgradeitis>

Sound output through digital such as HDMI is more neutral...

Oct 18, 2013 at 12:47 PM Post #579 of 3,257
Oct 18, 2013 at 4:02 PM Post #580 of 3,257
Long time lurker, first time poster, I picked the H1's today and after an afternoon listening to them I would say compared to the xba-3's they have a much better soundstage ,better (slightly north of neutral but not by too much) bass and more natural highs, but don't have the detail or separation that the xba-3's have. Overall I would say they're a solid side-grade and well worth the money, but not necessarily a definite upgrade.

Oct 18, 2013 at 4:43 PM Post #582 of 3,257
Examples of songs where better separation shines:

Note that this is nitpicking and I'm still very heavily considering replacing the xba-3's with the H1's as my walking around 'phones.

Edit: should probs mention that all listening has so far been performed form my phone (HTC One V) which is not a particularly good source.

Oct 18, 2013 at 5:09 PM Post #584 of 3,257
Yea Im looking to replace my xba3 with these as well.

Thats why I did not want to hype myself up TOO much.0s

I would say the H1's are a slight downgrade in technical ability but superior in sound signature lol, it's a bit of a dilemma for me now which to keep as my everyday 'phones =S. I guess it depends on what aspects of sound your priorities lie in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back