Sony XBA-H1 and XBA-H3 Hybrid Dynamic and BA IEM
Sep 7, 2013 at 8:20 AM Post #111 of 3,257
This set-up seems to exactly fix what you mention, the highs and midhighs. Yup, same designer as EX1000, he is the guy who established the design of the off-axis Sony dynamics. K3003 seems more like a statement product by AKG, basically saying "look we can engineer a great sounding product using a difficult design, we deserve more prestige in the IEM realm". The price just speaks to that, definitely overpriced but it's really one of the best IEMs there is, but if there is one company that can surpass it or be on par using the same hybrid-design, it's Sony. All these smaller companies doing hybrid designs just don't have the means and expertise like Sony or AKG,which is why most hybrids are actually very poor IME. 

Can you pleeeese show me where you read it's the same designer as the EX1000? Would be much appreciated.

Thanks to both of you for the mechanical crossover explanation btw.

Sep 7, 2013 at 9:21 AM Post #112 of 3,257
or awkward shallow insertion and poor isolation
biggrin.gif
or harsh highs

I actually prefer shallow insertion... or is it just me and my tiny ear canals
confused_face_2.gif

But definitely a "no-no" to poor isolation and harsh highs!
beerchug.gif

Sep 7, 2013 at 9:26 AM Post #113 of 3,257
 Well as it appears it comes down to preference, some like it etyomtic deep and some like it earpud shallow, I think at the end if we all get an eargasm I dont think we mind whether it was shallow or deep :D

inappropriate joke but had to say it :D

Sep 7, 2013 at 10:35 AM Post #117 of 3,257
Ooh, another hybrid. This maybe the one I get after. Have to be patient for reviews though. :cool:

We don't need sensible people like you around these parts.

Now man up, preorder a set, and then sell it to me at a significant loss after your inevitable disappointment. :veryevil:

Sep 7, 2013 at 10:41 AM Post #119 of 3,257
I actually prefer shallow insertion... or is it just me and my tiny ear canals
:confused_face_2:

But definitely a "no-no" to poor isolation and harsh highs!:beerchug:

Talking about insertion dept, I actually prefer it to not be too deep as well but too shallow at the same time... Too shallow makes me feel insecure as the isolations are weak and might fall out of my ears with bigger IEM like the XBA-4. Too deep makes me feel like my ears is in high pressure mode making myself FEEL like hard to breathe.. Just feel like haha

Billson :)

Sep 7, 2013 at 10:57 AM Post #120 of 3,257

Users who are viewing this thread

Back