Sony XBA-H1 and XBA-H3 Hybrid Dynamic and BA IEM
Oct 22, 2013 at 10:15 AM Post #692 of 3,257
Gawsed, try using a tip with a wider opening, the hybrid tips from Sony often make their IEM's sound darker.

Oct 22, 2013 at 11:06 AM Post #694 of 3,257
My H1 appears to be on a truck for delivery :)

Oct 22, 2013 at 2:16 PM Post #695 of 3,257
subbed.

looking forward to impressions on the H1. But if the H3 is worth the price premium, then I might make it my purchase for NEXT Christmas.
Gives me time to save up and for the prices to go down.

Oct 22, 2013 at 5:16 PM Post #696 of 3,257
I have the XBA-30 and I use Jays tips. The bore size is pretty much the stalk itself. Opens up the sound and also gives me a great seal easily and consistently. Pain in the behind to put on though. 

Quote:
My H1 appears to be on a truck for delivery
smily_headphones1.gif

Hey dweaver, mind comparing the H1 to the TDK IE800/XBA-3/30?

Oct 22, 2013 at 6:26 PM Post #700 of 3,257
I no longer own any of those IEM's but will go from memory as best I can.

Oct 22, 2013 at 7:23 PM Post #701 of 3,257
I actually like the sound of the H1, it's more natural, whiles the H3 is more clouded or muffed up, I won't say the music I listen to is the best recording available, but listening to the same music using the ex600/ex800st and the XBA and the H1.

ex series, the vocal stands out, as you are sitting at the front row of a concert.

xba 3 has more seperation, also have the XBA 4 but haven't used it yet, bought it about a week ago.

H3 every thing is well balanced , but the sound is much wider.

I actually think the H1 sounds better than the H3, sound is not as wide, but for the price different i won't consider the H3, the differences is only a margin, also the connectors on the H2 and H3 iem is very easy to come off, and will get loose over a period of time.

Are u saying the h1 sounds better or just a better value?

Oct 22, 2013 at 7:36 PM Post #702 of 3,257
I actually like the sound of the H1, it's more natural, whiles the H3 is more clouded or muffed up, I won't say the music I listen to is the best recording available, but listening to the same music using the ex600/ex800st and the XBA and the H1.

ex series, the vocal stands out, as you are sitting at the front row of a concert.

xba 3 has more seperation, also have the XBA 4 but haven't used it yet, bought it about a week ago.

H3 every thing is well balanced , but the sound is much wider.

I actually think the H1 sounds better than the H3, sound is not as wide, but for the price different i won't consider the H3, the differences is only a margin, also the connectors on the H2 and H3 iem is very easy to come off, and will get loose over a period of time.

Quote:
Are u saying the h1 sounds better or just a better value?

From what I get out of kms' impression, the H3 sounds better than H1, but it's just only marginally better that doesn't warrant a $200 premium over the H1. So it's a better value.

I see it around the Head-Fi forums but the saying "law of diminishing returns" rings true here.

Oct 22, 2013 at 8:00 PM Post #704 of 3,257
Had a quick walk and listen with my H1 using stock tips and then some wide mouth tips. Stock = dark/warm sound that is very luscious and smooth. Wide mouth tips the treble and upper mids open up. Both tips have a wonderfully open sound with a very nice sound stage and instrument placement. Isolation is better than the EX/MDR series and wind noise is less while the microphonics are less than the XBA series. BTW I am comfortably wearing these over ear which reduced the bit of cable rubbing noise I was getting wearing them hanging down.

My initial impressions are that these will be definite keepers. I have been using my Bose QC20 almost exclusively since I bought them because of their excellent comfort and isolation (close to zero microphonics plus ambient noise), even my UE900 have been languishing in their case. This sound is vibrant enough and the lack of microphonics and wind noise good enough these may become my new daily IEM. I need to see how they work on the train and walking around downtown before I will commit to this completely but my initial listen has been very positive!

Oct 22, 2013 at 8:12 PM Post #705 of 3,257
Great to hear dweaver!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back