Sony XBA-A2 Cable Snapped
Aug 13, 2016 at 9:36 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

sheik124

New Head-Fier
I have a pair of XBA-A2 headphones that I purchased last Christmas. I took them out of the case only to find that one of the earbuds has totally torn the jack itself right out of the cable. These were not cheap headphones, and they certainly don't sound like cheap headphones, but why are they put together like cheap headphones? The gold connector on the right cable snapped off inside the earbud itself. I removed it with surgical sutures, so I could use the 2nd cable that came in the box.

Normally, I would suck it up and just buy a replacement cable online. Caveat emptor, imported electronics and all. The cable is $100, and it doesn't appear that a replacement cable with microphone/button, like the one that broke in the carrying case that came with the earbuds, is offered. Only the regular straight headphone cable, which I fished out of the box and am now using.

But, it does look like Shure, UE, and a few other cables all work with these buds, and they all come with mic/controls.

Does anyone have any suggestions on which to buy? I was going to buy the Shure cable before I saw the Amazon reviews. I have my finger on the buy button for the Logitech UE900s Communication Cable.

Also, I'm seriously considering splicing together the working right bud plug from the mic-less cable with the old busted cable once I have the new one. I just need to find some heatshrink thin enough and my iron.

Aug 16, 2016 at 12:51 PM Post #2 of 3
I just received a Logitech / UE900s Communications Cable in the mail, their "Expedited" shipping is actually UPS Next Day Air. Not bad at all.

It looks like those buds are meant to be worn with the cable over the ear, and this cable freely rotates within the plug for the XBA-A2. Trying to wrap the cord that way on the right bud makes the sound cut in and out, so I'll just wear them normally for now. It's immediately apparent that it's a much more solid cable than the Sony included one.

I will probably try to splice the working plug from the mic-less Sony cable into the one I broke.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back