Sony XBA-10 or Shure Se215 ? Differences ?
Mar 7, 2014 at 10:54 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

nsed

New Head-Fier
I can only choose between one of these headphones
What do you guys think ? Opinions ?

Shure would be a little bit more expensive but I wouldnt care that much if the sound quality is somewhat better.

Mar 7, 2014 at 4:40 PM Post #2 of 5
Sony's have a much larger frequency response. Which means you get crisper high's, and more distinct low's. I personally like them better. Especially for the price. For $69 the worth is just so much more. Unless you wan't to be able to detach the head's from the cables (the shures do that). I just feel like they'd get lost. Also the 215's are around ear, if that's your thing. Hope this cleared things up for you.

-halfinfinity.

Mar 10, 2014 at 4:30 PM Post #3 of 5
Thanks for the reply ! :)
I'll kinda leap of faith and buy the XBA-10! It'll be my second IEM(sony mdr-ex500 was my first one).

My first impressions here as soon as I get it !

Mar 10, 2014 at 10:28 PM Post #4 of 5
Is the XBA-10 that much better than the XBA-1? The XBA-1 is now on clearance for under $25. I like the sound of the XBA-1. I haven't heard the XBA-10.

Mar 14, 2014 at 11:00 PM Post #5 of 5
I got it today !
my impressions:
Well , IMO the sony mdr ex500 is better, the XBA-10 has clarity but the sound isnt "Airy" as the EX500 and the bass is also lacking a little bit.
It has more of a mellow/sweet sound to it , I'll keep using it , maybe I'll get used to this kind of sound signature.

Any recommendations for future purchases ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back