Sony XBA-1
Dec 15, 2012 at 5:09 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

alterndog

100+ Head-Fier
So I was able to score a pair of these at Best Buy for $36 and was wondering how they compared to other headphones? I know they are single BAs, but haven't listened to one of these before. I have the PL30, Brainwavz M4 and the M50s. I was looking for a IEM that had more detail, clarity and instrument separation then the PL30 or M4. I was looking at the RE-ZERO for $60 but the XBA-1s are almost half the price and I'm on a budget. I will say I tried the MC5 and didn't like the deep insertion and the sound was a little lifeless.

Any thoughts on if the XBA-1s are worth it for me at the price I got them? Thanks for the help

Dec 16, 2012 at 3:30 AM Post #2 of 6
I'm a happy owner of these XBA- 1s , bought them for at least twice you can have them for and don't regret it
a single moment.
They are very lively and open sounding headphones with an even balance between the lows and the highs.
If I had to mention one little flaw it would be that sometimes the highs can  sound a bit  metallic, but
in general they are fine.
Insertion is good and the tips are just excellent!

36 dollars IMO is a giveaway price

Dec 16, 2012 at 10:26 AM Post #3 of 6
Ya, I heard back from someone else and decided to try them out and really like them. I was surprised by the soundstage, I had read it was small, but I feel the 3d imaging and depth is much better then what I read. One question additional question. I just found out there is a high probability that I'll be getting either the RE-ZEROs, UE700 or RE-262 for Christmas. Do you guys think it's best to return the XBA1 or will they compliment any of these headphones.

Dec 16, 2012 at 11:10 AM Post #5 of 6
The XBA-1 is a nice IEM especially at the price you got them.  Of the XBA's that I've listened to the XBA-1 was the most cohesive sounding I thought.  I like them about as much as the Ety HF5 which is around $100 so they're very much worth the price you paid.

Dec 16, 2012 at 11:28 AM Post #6 of 6
Okay guys, thanks for the reply. I was leaning towards keeping them. I just live on a shoestring budget, so whatever cost I can spare I like to. But having gotten a influx of cash for Hannukah and probable more for Christmas I'll keep em. You guys are are always very helpful and I'm grateful to have found this forum and get all the good advice :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back