Sony xb90ex in washing machine...
May 4, 2015 at 10:48 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

kevms89

100+ Head-Fier
Sigh, nearly $100 down the drain, its funny because they still work but there are a few things.

The soundstage is not as big as before.

The bass is SO tiny and just meh now.

It does not go as loud as before.

Overall sounds tiny and a bit muffled.

Im not sure they sound like a cheap pair off the street but they are gone, these are not the xb90's I used to enjoy.

*pours a lil liquor*

Jan 8, 2016 at 4:25 PM Post #3 of 5
This was a while back and they recovered perfectly to my amazement.

Even more amazing is that 2 months ago I washed them AGAIN (smh) and then DRIED them in the dryer (double smh) when I took them out the pocket they were super hot and the cable had cuts in it,

I said "well it was a good run buddy, at least you smell good..."

To my amazement they STILL work! They sound perfect and it seems like nothing ever happened to them, uh....wow? These are the most rugged phones I ever had and am getting another when these kick the bucket, or maybe these are immortal....

Jan 9, 2016 at 12:24 AM Post #4 of 5
Yes that are the highest end portable headphones.

Iswear on my Sony headphone wich was part of myMD-player i bought 2000 for 550 D-Mark. i think it was called MZ R55.

i have an MP3-player which costed 18€ over ten years ago with 256 MB Ram.

With the Sony headphone every owner of teh newst i-pods, i-pods nano,.... with the org. apple headphone believed, that they where hearing a very coty and rare luxus version of their new i-pod. HHHHHH

Even it sounds better than my HTC One X with the big beats audio headphones.

and normaly people stand to their newer, more expensive things.

The HTC One xwith the sony headphone sound like the most expensive KOSS -headphones i ever heared.

" port " to put in the source, is golden and it isn´t just a cheap gold-looking thing.
It is a very costy gold "legierung" a "Meistergoldschmied " who is one of my best friend directly saw.

with this earphones every Hifithing sounds like having costs the pricex 10 minimum.

at a job " weiterbildung" i found a sony earphone which looks identical. only the " stecker" isn´t golden, is it in silver.

This earphone is not so good that you even  can say it is a much more cheap version.

it works 100% in between its parameters, biut i wouldn´t wait a second if i would need a part of the plastic parts, wich are identical i think, to save the goodone.

Jan 17, 2016 at 4:41 PM Post #5 of 5
I have a pair of xb90ex that i love, and it's nice to hear they've recovered from your washing 
dt880smile.png

they really do seem pretty rugged

Users who are viewing this thread

Back