Sony XB500 vs. 700?
Nov 4, 2012 at 7:29 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

TOOMUCHMONEY

New Head-Fier
Ok I know this is over used but no thread i've seen has answered my specific question. I need to know what the difference IN BASS is between the two headphones. I heard that the 700's go deeper but the 500's are punchier, is that true? i'm looking for bass that will thump my head. Because my current ath-m50's just CANT do the job :frowning2:

if ANYBODY wants to bass test ANY headphones just listen to this song. This is the kind of bass that i just cant get enough of with the ath-m50's. go ahead. the bass will knock the brain cells out of your skull (O.o)

Nov 4, 2012 at 10:03 PM Post #2 of 3
okay... tested the song with all three sony headphones (xb500/700/1000)... all 3 shook my skull vigourously... you cannot go wrong with any of the xb series if you want bass... get an amp with them and eq them around to your satisfaction but trust me that they will shake you skull... xb500 is the cheapest but it doesn't go as low as the other two(goes low enough though)... you should get what your budget allows... if you want to know what shook the most vigourously then it was the xb500...

Nov 4, 2012 at 10:20 PM Post #3 of 3
Quote:
okay... tested the song with all three sony headphones (xb500/700/1000)... all 3 shook my skull vigourously... you cannot go wrong with any of the xb series if you want bass... get an amp with them and eq them around to your satisfaction but trust me that they will shake you skull... xb500 is the cheapest but it doesn't go as low as the other two(goes low enough though)... you should get what your budget allows... if you want to know what shook the most vigourously then it was the xb500...

okay. Thanks for replying man. Helped alot. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back