Sony XB Series Headphone Clone / OEM??
Dec 4, 2010 at 11:39 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Zombie_X

Headphoneus Supremus
Hi guys,

I was browsing ebay looking for some nice headphone deals and I saw this headphone on there. It looks like the Sony XB series of headphone, but made out of plastic. Thing is the ear pads look the same and so does the basic construction. Anybody know anything about these??

http://cgi.ebay.com/Subjekt-X-HD-AK1000-Portable-Over-Ear-Headphones-White-/190473975044?pt=Other_MP3_Player_Accessories&hash=item2c59223504#ht_2488wt_1139

On another note though I saw that there were a ton of Yamaha headphones which look like a lot of Koss headphones. I know Koss OEM's their models out to other companies so this would explain it.

Dec 4, 2010 at 11:43 PM Post #2 of 7
wow. looks really really similar.

Dec 4, 2010 at 11:57 PM Post #3 of 7
Yeah they look identical in construction. If anyone knows if they sound good I will take the plunge for the team here. They really do look interesting, but there is not a bunch of info on them out there.

Hell I bought two new sets of headphones today. I got the Koss UR55 and Koss PRODJ100 both to listen to. Stopped right over by Koss for them :wink:.

Dec 5, 2010 at 1:48 AM Post #4 of 7
Would be great if someone who has the original XB700 would be willing to buy these and compare.

Maybe these will be the alternative to the XB700s..... and the next "best headphones under ______" haha 

Dec 5, 2010 at 6:39 AM Post #6 of 7
That looks like the size of XB500, it's definitely not XB700 size. (Not a problem for me as I like XB500 more anyway) but I can't say I'm a fan of that style.

Could be the pic fooling a bit but could even be the XB300, everything looks identical to it regarding headband (no padding or anything) but the pads looks more like the size of XB500 than XB300.

http://www.subjekt.com/Subjekt-X-DJ-Headphones-with-Supersized-Ear-Cushions-for-Superior-Comfort-and-Bass-Response-White/ - 40mm drivers, same as XB500 however the other specs doesn't match at all but perhaps they are just hiding the real specs or sth.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back