Sony X series vs Sony NWZ-A829
Jun 7, 2009 at 1:04 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

firelucifer

New Head-Fier
So, I have the sony NWZ-A829, shure SE530 and Westone 3 to blast my ears.

My question is, will it be worth it to upgrade to the sony x series in terms of SQ?, if not, what do you think would be an upgrade from the NWZ-A829?

I don't care about interface (would have bought the ipod touch for that), only concern about SQ

Please help..

thanks

Jun 7, 2009 at 3:55 PM Post #2 of 6
i really don't think it's a great improvement in terms of SQ, maybe a slight one but not major
wink.gif
and really you don't need an upgrade unless you need the extra gb and the amoled screen
biggrin.gif

Jun 7, 2009 at 11:34 PM Post #3 of 6
To steal this thread i have the same question but comparing it with my NWZ-S618F.

And another question : Do all sony's have the same volumen/power ? i really find this A's Sony to be the one with lowest vol from my mp3's, is it the same with the A or X series ?

Please someone answer. Thanks. !

Jun 9, 2009 at 6:08 AM Post #4 of 6
Anyone ?

Jun 9, 2009 at 7:54 AM Post #5 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by CHRIS7509 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
To steal this thread i have the same question but comparing it with my NWZ-S618F.

And another question : Do all sony's have the same volumen/power ? i really find this A's Sony to be the one with lowest vol from my mp3's, is it the same with the A or X series ?

Please someone answer. Thanks. !

In comparison to the S630 and S730 series, the X-series has more volume/power. I do not have the S610, so I can't compare directly. I am sure someone else will answer your question regarding the A-series (there are a couple of different versions, which one are you refering to?).

Jun 9, 2009 at 7:59 AM Post #6 of 6
I have the A808, which I thought sounded very good, but the X is in a different league; nice organic sound, smooth extended treble, powerful bass that lies a great fundament and open detailed treble. But most of all, it is far more musical, really letsme enjoy everything far more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back