Sony X Series owners.. post your EQ settings here
Jun 26, 2009 at 9:33 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 20

giveway

New Head-Fier
Mine are
1, 0, 0, 1, 2
Clear Bass: 1
Everything else: off

Pairing it with IE8 with the bass wheel turned to +1, so getting some extra bass from there too.

Jun 26, 2009 at 10:03 AM Post #2 of 20
It really depends on what the sound quality of the music is but my EQ settings is +3, +3, +2, +2, +2 with Clear Bass set to 3, DSSE set to off, Dynamic Normaliser set to on, Clear Stereo set to off and VPT set to either Normal, Studio or Arena. Sony stock phones are used.

IMHO the VPT Surround is alot better on the S639F and X1060 than it is on the NW-HD3.

To compliment the brilliant SQ of the Sony X1060 I wish Sony had put a Stereo Widening function on the EQ aswell like they do on their Sony Erricson mobile phones.

Art

Jun 26, 2009 at 1:18 PM Post #4 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by Artmuzz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
IMHO the VPT Surround is alot better on the S639F and X1060 than it is on the NW-HD3.

To compliment the brilliant SQ of the Sony X1060 I wish Sony had put a Stereo Widening function on the EQ aswell like they do on their Sony Erricson mobile phones.

Art

Why? You can adjust the soudstage by messing with the mids and the highs + the Clear Stereo function.

Jun 26, 2009 at 2:24 PM Post #5 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by ilney /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Why? You can adjust the soudstage by messing with the mids and the highs + the Clear Stereo function.

Hmm Interesting....if I mess with the mids and highs with Clear Stereo on will that produce a Stereo Widening effect?

EDIT.. I have tried messing with the mids and highs with Clear Stereo on but it doesn't give me Stereo Widening like on Rockbox and some Mobile Phones.

I don't know about anyone else but the Clear Stereo function doesn't seem to do anything to the music. IMHO I cannot hear any difference to stereo sound when this option is selected.

Art

Jun 26, 2009 at 3:02 PM Post #6 of 20
Quote:

Hmm Interesting....if I mess with the mids and highs with Clear Stereo on will that produce a Stereo Widening effect?

EDIT.. I have tried messing with the mids and highs with Clear Stereo on but it doesn't give me Stereo Widening like on Rockbox and some Mobile Phones.

I don't know about anyone else but the Clear Stereo function doesn't seem to do anything to the music. IMHO I cannot hear any difference to stereo sound when this option is selected.

Art

This was taken from the X1000 manual:

"The 'Clear Stereo' function is designed to obtain maximum effect with the supplied
headphones. The 'Clear Stereo' effect may not be obtained with other headphones.
When using other headphones, set 'Clear Stereo' to 'Off.'"

Jun 26, 2009 at 3:10 PM Post #7 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by SOUNDinterpreter /img/forum/go_quote.gif

"The 'Clear Stereo' function is designed to obtain maximum effect with the supplied
headphones. The 'Clear Stereo' effect may not be obtained with other headphones.

Strange thing is that I am using the supplied headphones and still cannot hear any difference with the Clear Stereo switched on. What difference is it supposed to make?

Art

Jun 26, 2009 at 3:16 PM Post #8 of 20
Quote:

Strange thing is that I am using the supplied headphones and still cannot hear any difference with the Clear Stereo switched on. What difference is it supposed to make?

Art

From the Manual:

"'Clear Stereo' enables individual left and right digital processing of the sound."

Jun 26, 2009 at 3:16 PM Post #9 of 20
My typical X1060F audio/music settings with UM3Xs.
EQ = None
DSEE = Off
VPT = None
Clear Stereo = Off
Dynamic normalizer = Off
NC = For sure Off :.

If I want more sparkle (which is rarely) ... EQ: 0:0:0:0:+2

Jun 26, 2009 at 4:24 PM Post #10 of 20
Quote:

Art

What phones are you using? My UM3X responds very well to EQ. Try

0 -1 -2 +2 +2

Edit: srry, ty 0 -2 +2 +2 +2 instead
biggrin.gif

Jun 27, 2009 at 7:44 AM Post #11 of 20
With my IE8s, I do not use any EQ and everything off. Sounds great.
About clear stereo, I have the suspicion that is is a correction for the J-cord with the supplied phones, where the right cord is longer so there might be a little more resistance or so.

Jun 27, 2009 at 9:50 AM Post #12 of 20
Clear Bass +1

0/0/0/-1/-1
(because the FX500's can be a bit 'hot' in the treble bands for my ears- this setting helps tame that tendency, while preserving all the detail. Perfect.)

Everything else is off.

Jul 1, 2009 at 12:40 AM Post #13 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by SOUNDinterpreter /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Does anyone know where I can find a copy of the X-series manual? I need some reading. :] Thank you!

Jul 1, 2009 at 12:50 AM Post #14 of 20

Users who are viewing this thread

Back