Sony X series drive RE0?
Oct 18, 2009 at 12:45 PM Post #2 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by zentenk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Anyone tried an X1050/X1060 with a RE0?

Thanks!

I can tell you in a couple of days if no one else responds. Someone is sending me some to try out
biggrin.gif

Oct 19, 2009 at 8:12 PM Post #4 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by zentenk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
awesome!

thanks in advance
smily_headphones1.gif

Okay, they arrived today and I just managed to get a quick listen
smily_headphones1.gif

On my X, I need the volume somewhere between 25 and max (30), depending on how loud or quiet the recording is. And on my Zune HD, I need to be up around 28/30. I don't think I listen especially loud. With my Denon C710 for example, I can listen in between 15 and 18 on the X and Zune for more than adequate volume. Hope this helps. Obviously, everyone listens at different levels, but for me, the RE0 needs amping. Even at 30/30 on the X... I could still go louder, except there's nowhere left to go
smile.gif

Oct 23, 2009 at 5:41 PM Post #5 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by soozieq /img/forum/go_quote.gif
smily_headphones1.gif

On my X, I need the volume somewhere between 25 and max (30), depending on how loud or quiet the recording is. And on my Zune HD, I need to be up around 28/30. I don't think I listen especially loud. With my Denon C710 for example, I can listen in between 15 and 18 on the X and Zune for more than adequate volume. Hope this helps. Obviously, everyone listens at different levels, but for me, the RE0 needs amping. Even at 30/30 on the X... I could still go louder, except there's nowhere left to go
smile.gif

Oh wow. Hey Soozie, are you sure you are getting a good fit with these? I am not sure how powerful the X is, but I am using my older Sony NWZ-A816 with the RE0 and although they do need amping with this combo, because the sound is a bit thin and harsh, in terms of pure volume output they get VERY loud to my ears! I am usually running them at volumes between 8-13 out of 30, depending on the recording, but the max I could tolerate with them is probably around 25/30 with most of my music and that would be for maybe a few minutes after which my ears would probably bleed. lol But with my Sansa Clip, I do have to turn them up to about 75-80% of the volume to make them what I consider to be loud enough for the times when my favourite songs come on. Still, max volume even on the Clip makes me very uncomfortable listening with the RE0. And no, I don't have super sensitive hearing - my hearing is about normal.

Oct 23, 2009 at 6:31 PM Post #6 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by soozieq /img/forum/go_quote.gif
smily_headphones1.gif

smile.gif

I have the same results with my X and RE0. With albums recorded very loud, I can easily go below 20.

Jul 1, 2011 at 4:48 AM Post #7 of 8
HOLY SH!TT !!!!
basshead.gif
 ......I only listen between 08 in quiet enviroments and 15 outdoors.......... i havent even tried to listen to RE0 at 30/30 with my X ......i think my ears would explode if i do

Jul 1, 2011 at 7:35 AM Post #8 of 8
I know, that's insane listening volumes. I'd be afraid for you actuallly it sounds like hearing damage to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back