Sony wh1000m3 vs Sennheiser hd1/momentum
Dec 29, 2018 at 3:18 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

TorontoSS

Head-Fier
Hi there - was wondering if anyone has thoughts on the Sony Wh1000-xm3 versus the sennheisers over eat momentum’s Bluetooth. I know Sony has many many more features but I’m more interested in comfort and sound.

I found some Sony’s in a John Lewis for 242£ down from 329 (open box). Wondering if I should keep these or keep my Sennheisers (which I love!). I got the Sony’s for my husband but he doesn’t like them.

I find the Sony’s a tad tighter and clampy. Does that go away?

What are your thoughts?

Dec 29, 2018 at 3:36 AM Post #2 of 5
I had both the Sennheiser's HD1 around ear bluetooth and Sony WH1000-XM2 the Sennheiser's had better sound quality but the Sony's had better noise cancelling. I live on a relatively busy street and that was more important to me. I ended up selling my Sennheiser HD1's to my roommate because he preferred the Sennheiser's sound quality over the Sony.

As far as clamp, I never found the Sony to clamp too hard, but it does give a much better seal. So after wearing them for a while and taking them off I could hear the air whooshing in. I guess that's part of what made it's noise cancellation better.

Dec 29, 2018 at 7:21 AM Post #3 of 5
Thanks for your view - very helpful. I would imagine noise cancelling would be much better with the Sony’s. the Sennheiser noise cancelling isn’t great.

But comfort is a big deal to me.

Dec 31, 2018 at 2:57 AM Post #4 of 5
Thanks for your view - very helpful. I would imagine noise cancelling would be much better with the Sony’s. the Sennheiser noise cancelling isn’t great.

But comfort is a big deal to me.

i have been using the momentum for a few years now, comfort wise its very comfy and light.

but keep in mind they whistle in airy places or if you walk fast,

Dec 31, 2018 at 3:27 AM Post #5 of 5
Yes they do. I haven’t found that much of an issue but this is because I also have some Bose qc30s for actual noise cancellation. I think the sony’s May be able to replace both.

The sound is still a tad better on the sennheisers. I now think the comfort is about equal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back