Sony. WH. 1000. XM5 Ear Pads, Now in Vegan Leather!
Jan 27, 2023 at 11:55 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5
1080x1080_Sony_XM5.jpeg

The WH1000XM5 is complete with the final introduction of our Dekoni Choice ear pads for the XM5. Pads are available now in Choice Leather and Choice Suede. Two sides of the same coin, the choice series is a vegan alternative offering a softer than expected surface. Choice leather can be differentiated by its smooth sleek surface compared to a rugged grainy leather. As for Choice Suede, the fluffy and velvety fabric feels as extraordinary as a fleece blanket without being a heat trapping surface.

These two ear pads can be categorized by their ability to keep a warm sound signature while reducing some of the bloat associated with it. Because of this acoustic dip in the lows and low mids, it will make it easier to adjust the equalizer on the Sony Headphone app to desired bass response.

*Please note that that choice leather requires a few moments of heat to seal, the choice leather measurements were taken with a cold ear pad hence the lack of low freq content.

When you’re ready to improve your comfort and sound for your Sony WH1000XM5 grab a pair of Dekoni Audio Choice Series Ear Pads at DekoniAudio.com!
Get them here!

xm5-chl-1024x646.png

xm5-chs-vs-stock-1024x646.png

Last edited:
Dekoni Audio Stay updated on Dekoni Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

Dekoni Audio @dekoniaudio http://www.dekoniaudio.com sales@dekoniaudio.com
Jan 30, 2023 at 11:14 AM Post #3 of 5
I am definitelly ordering one of these! Is there any difference in the level of passive noise isolation between these two earpads please?
Our passive noise reduction test showed that Choice Leather and Choice Suede were extremely similar in NR. You will not notice a difference, (Most frequencies under 1dB of tolerance)

Dekoni Audio Stay updated on Dekoni Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

Dekoni Audio @dekoniaudio http://www.dekoniaudio.com sales@dekoniaudio.com
Feb 3, 2023 at 6:28 AM Post #4 of 5
Thank you. However, you also claim that "choice leather requires a few moments of heat to seal and the choice leather (FR) measurements were taken with a cold ear pad hence the lack of low freq content". Was the passive noise reduction test taken with cold choice leather earpad as well? That would mean that the choice leather would be actually more effective in passive noice reduction in lower frequencies after taking some heat to seal properly.

Feb 6, 2023 at 6:55 AM Post #5 of 5
I guess I was right hence no answer. I am not very impressed by the sound isolation of choice suede earpads to be honest. Choice leather would have been better option I guess in this regard.

However the sound changed for the better - it is not as bloated as it used to be.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back