Sony WF-1000XM4 Impressions Thread
Jun 14, 2021 at 8:25 PM Post #286 of 3,004
Apologies if I am incorrect, but aren't you supposed to keep that on? For wired amp/headphone connection I thought you leave that on for maximum signal going through. I may be mistaken.
Really? Can you (or someone else) post on that? Seems a strange requirement. For what it is worth, I max out the phone volume and just adjust from the app (or IEM for those that support that)….

Jun 14, 2021 at 8:26 PM Post #287 of 3,004
I doubt any TWS are what I am looking for, the SoundPeats H1 Prem were good till the R bud acted up (common fault and sounds like these Sony's muddy then goes really quiet and sometime fixes itself if you put in the case a while) and no feedback on Kickstarter for weeks from SoundPeats.

Jun 14, 2021 at 8:29 PM Post #288 of 3,004
Androids Absolute Volume Control Sync the volume slider with your phones vol controls so they move together and also when you disconnect/reconnect it lowers the volume so you do not blow your ears off.

Last edited:
Jun 14, 2021 at 8:31 PM Post #290 of 3,004
Something must really be wrong with my ears as I just do not hear the bloated, dark mess that some are hearing with these. I've owned and/or demoed most of the Wireless ANC headphones and earbuds out there. These to my ears are Very Good compared to everything else out there. The only true Wireless ANC buds I've heard that sound better are the B&W PI7. These are second tier in the class, right up there with the Momentum TW2. I currently own the AirPods Max, B&O H95, NAD Viso HP70, and AirPods Pro. These without question hold their own.

I'm starting to wonder if its the way the tips are fitting some of your ears. For example, I get a good seal with the medium and large tips. However, the sound is different between the two. I think the large over stuff my ears if that makes sense. It really muffles the highs. Makes them sound dull. The medium sounds more accurate and correct.

Jun 14, 2021 at 8:42 PM Post #291 of 3,004
Just reset and repaired my H1 prem 5mins go but the R bud is still quiet which make both sound muddy they really need to recall these (some actually had 1 bud die) I had that on my Sonics in the R bud has zero sound after 1month but its not dead as controls work.

Jun 14, 2021 at 8:47 PM Post #293 of 3,004
Something must really be wrong with my ears as I just do not hear the bloated, dark mess that some are hearing with these. I've owned and/or demoed most of the Wireless ANC headphones and earbuds out there. These to my ears are Very Good compared to everything else out there. The only true Wireless ANC buds I've heard that sound better are the B&W PI7. These are second tier in the class, right up there with the Momentum TW2. I currently own the AirPods Max, B&O H95, NAD Viso HP70, and AirPods Pro. These without question hold their own.

I'm starting to wonder if its the way the tips are fitting some of your ears. For example, I get a good seal with the medium and large tips. However, the sound is different between the two. I think the large over stuff my ears if that makes sense. It really muffles the highs. Makes them sound dull. The medium sounds more accurate and correct.

I get what you mean but I cannot get a good seal with any buds if less than 14mm tips, SoundPeat's XL (come with some BT non TWS earbuds) were a saviour for any buds I bought.

I will try again tomorrow with the stock L tips which do not give me a good seal but do not fall out like Comply L tips even with a not ideal seal that would effect bass I should hear mid/highs which right now I cannot says are good.

Last edited:
Jun 14, 2021 at 9:01 PM Post #294 of 3,004
I get what you mean but I cannot get a good seal with any buds if less than 14mm tips, SoundPeat's XL (come with some BT non TWS earbuds) were a saviour for any buds I bought.

I will try again tomorrow it the stock L tips which do not give me a good seal but do not fall out like Comply L tips even with a not ideal seal that would effect bass I should hear mid/highs which right now I cannot says are good.
Hope it works out for you. These really do nail every other feature in a good portable solution.

Jun 14, 2021 at 10:42 PM Post #295 of 3,004

I don't either. I mean they do lean warm for sure, but it's not messy. I was listening to a couple tracks before and I was starting to buy into the messaging and thinking like this is too dark! So I was like screw this let me check out my MTW2 on the same two tracks. Was just the music. Not the Sony's.

The Beyer T90's are my primary desktop cans, so I appreciate detail too. Of course I have the king of bass JVC headphones too, so I like my bass, but I rarely pick those up at home.

Jun 14, 2021 at 11:57 PM Post #296 of 3,004
Here's my battery life.
Anyone else seeing the 10% difference from full?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210614-225217_Plex.jpg
    Screenshot_20210614-225217_Plex.jpg
    507.8 KB · Views: 0
Jun 15, 2021 at 2:14 AM Post #297 of 3,004
Hello fellow tws users. For those feeling like Sony tips don't provide enough high end response, oruddle the frequency response (we all hear differently, and I like the general Sony House sound), the epro horn tips certainly allow for the midrange and upper frequencies to shine through much more. Also, the come in sizes small to X-largr which I believe will benefit a number of individuals based on comments in this thread. I use the 01 tips, not the true wireless tips. The case is fine for full size tips, like the stock tips.

Attachments

• 20210614_230940.jpg
    20210614_230940.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
Jun 15, 2021 at 2:38 AM Post #298 of 3,004
Three days in with these and still happy ... i had previously ditched the stock tips for a set of RHA silicones (from the T20) but have since replaced with silicone tips from my gen 1 wired Sennheiser Momentums and seal / comfort balance has improved again.

I'd really like to be able to customise the touch controls to map long press to volume up (R) / volume down (L) while keeping everyone else the same (ambient sound control left / playback control right) ... is this likely to ever be an option?

Also, I plan to get a wireless charging pad for these .. any recommendations for something inexpensive or the basic spec I need to look for ... no plans to charge anything else wirelessly for now.

Jun 15, 2021 at 5:28 AM Post #299 of 3,004
Three days in with these and still happy ... i had previously ditched the stock tips for a set of RHA silicones (from the T20) but have since replaced with silicone tips from my gen 1 wired Sennheiser Momentums and seal / comfort balance has improved again.

I'd really like to be able to customise the touch controls to map long press to volume up (R) / volume down (L) while keeping everyone else the same (ambient sound control left / playback control right) ... is this likely to ever be an option?

Also, I plan to get a wireless charging pad for these .. any recommendations for something inexpensive or the basic spec I need to look for ... no plans to charge anything else wirelessly for now.
If you're only going to charge these wirelessly, then any Qi compatible charging pad should do well, although I don't personally own one so I can't recommend brands.
As for future software updates, if may be an option but I think evaluating these at face value, as they are today would be more realistic, since manufacturers don't always deliver on software promises. Tho it's Sony and they have good history of software support I think.

Jun 15, 2021 at 5:44 AM Post #300 of 3,004
I usually use Spotify (very high) as my source but I've also tried amazon ultra HD and to be honest, I can't tell the difference. I don't know if its my setup or my ears!
Don't worry, you're not alone. Most people can't tell the difference once you go higher in resolution than Spotify's 320kbs current top tier. People say they can hear a difference but it generally doesn't stand up to blind ABX testing, regardless of the amount spent on source and IEM. The easiest thing to do is to try an ABX test for yourself - http://abx.digitalfeed.net/spotify-hq.html

Users who are viewing this thread

Back