Sony WF-1000XM4 Impressions Thread
Jun 13, 2021 at 9:27 AM Post #242 of 2,999
I am going to mess with 3rd party tips today (none of Sony's fit me as I need XL) so using SednaEarfit Crystals on my XM4's for near perfect passive seal but the sound is horrid (with no real mids/highs more like muddy), they did do the same thing to one of my other non TWS sets but worked well on all others including TWS sets so going to try my SpinFits knowing it may loose me some passive NC.

Also have battery issue on R bud and a few other things to post once I am done but so far not too happy.

Jun 13, 2021 at 12:59 PM Post #244 of 2,999
Hi,

I'm curious about these, even though I'm not a TW kind of guy (I like wired IEMs for their superior SQ).

Does anyone own these, the B&W PI7 and the Campfire Audio Andromeda (wired)? I'd like to see a size comparison between these 3. Or maybe I can find this somewhere online?

Jun 13, 2021 at 5:55 PM Post #246 of 2,999
Hi,
How do the tip sizes compare with the XM3 tips?
I have relatively small ear canals and have to use small size in the Comply compressible tips with my XM3s as the small stock Sony tips are too large

Would like to upgrade from the XM3 for LDAC. Can anyone else upgrading comment on the SQ improvements? Thanks

Jun 13, 2021 at 6:17 PM Post #247 of 2,999
Does anyone own these, the B&W PI7 and the Campfire Audio Andromeda (wired)? I'd like to see a size comparison between these 3. Or maybe I can find this somewhere online?
Here you are :)

Attachments

• 20210614_000245.jpg
    20210614_000245.jpg
    5.9 MB · Views: 0
  • 20210614_000258.jpg
    20210614_000258.jpg
    6.9 MB · Views: 0
  • 20210614_000414.jpg
    20210614_000414.jpg
    8.1 MB · Views: 0
  • 20210614_000654.jpg
    20210614_000654.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 0
Jun 13, 2021 at 7:45 PM Post #248 of 2,999
Hi,
How do the tip sizes compare with the XM3 tips?
I have relatively small ear canals and have to use small size in the Comply compressible tips with my XM3s as the small stock Sony tips are too large
I use the Comply "Isolation+" small tips on my Audio-Technica and the XM4 tips fit pretty much the same. If anything they're a tiny bit smaller.

Last edited:
Jun 13, 2021 at 8:11 PM Post #249 of 2,999
hey everyone, it's probably been a year + since I've posted on head-fi... omg!

But I just have to share this, I couldn't hold it in any longer lol. It's been soooo long since I've been able to write/talk about headphones and audio anywhere 😂

So, on June 8th, I can't remember what I came across on what social media platform, but I was somehow randomly driven to check Sony's website. BOOM! There was the big new ad for the F4's (is what I call 'em). I immediately panicked with excitement and checked around a few of my go-to electronics websites to see who had them for the cheapest. Long story short, I scraped up (read: borrowed) some money so I can order them on Amazon for NEXT DAY SHIPPING!!!! and also used QuadPay so I can pay for them in installments... ya girl definitely does NOT have $300, let alone $100 lying around. So, I got them the "2nd day they were released" and been playing with them ever since.

I finally got to try them out in a car, train, bus, the subway, in an office, at home with air conditioners/fans, and at the laundromat and they stand up pretty great, ANC wise. (I should add that this year is really my first time using ANC headphones; I have the Sony H4's and Wi-1000X's that I got in 2019, but only used them for ambient sound). These are also the longest I've used truly wireless, as I've tried the F3's but hated the form factor... I just couldn't do it haha.

My connection is the iffy part - I use the A55 walkman DAP and it's hard to keep them in my pocket or fanny pack (lol) without the connection getting choppy. Hopefully, that'll get better with updates? Also, I truly hate that these don't have multipoint... I got so used to having my H4's connect to my iPhone/Mac and A55. Bummer... also hopeful that this can be fixed in an update, along with better choices for touch controls as someone else here mentioned.

They're sounding better and better for me, too, because I'm using one of the EQ suggestions found in this thread. I actually have a question about that; what other EQ settings do y'all suggest? Is there a way to find the "Harman target" for earbuds?

Jun 13, 2021 at 8:21 PM Post #250 of 2,999
Just wondering if these would be right for me!

Recently my go-to headphones broke - B&O H9i - I mainly use these as my commute and office headphones as I was able to use them for things like MS Teams pretty well.

I am looking at buying a pair of the XM4s, but I am worried about being able to connect them to my Linux laptop, has anyone done this, and is there any issues with changing between being connected to your phone and then connecting to your laptop?

Jun 13, 2021 at 9:08 PM Post #251 of 2,999
Have you tried enabling LDAC in the bluetooth settings for your XM4's?

I had this exact issue yesterday on my Samsung A70 and searched for a solution and a guy had posted a video showing that ... connect via BT, then go to the BT settings for the connection and enable LDAC ... mine's works now.
This. On the Samsung you select LDAC from the bluetooth settings not the developer settings.

Jun 13, 2021 at 9:09 PM Post #252 of 2,999
I am going to mess with 3rd party tips today (none of Sony's fit me as I need XL) so using SednaEarfit Crystals on my XM4's for near perfect passive seal but the sound is horrid (with no real mids/highs more like muddy), they did do the same thing to one of my other non TWS sets but worked well on all others including TWS sets so going to try my SpinFits knowing it may loose me some passive NC.

Also have battery issue on R bud and a few other things to post once I am done but so far not too happy.
Agree. The Sednas sucked out all the warmth from these. Sticking with stock for now.

Jun 13, 2021 at 9:13 PM Post #253 of 2,999
hey everyone, it's probably been a year + since I've posted on head-fi... omg!

But I just have to share this, I couldn't hold it in any longer lol. It's been soooo long since I've been able to write/talk about headphones and audio anywhere 😂

So, on June 8th, I can't remember what I came across on what social media platform, but I was somehow randomly driven to check Sony's website. BOOM! There was the big new ad for the F4's (is what I call 'em). I immediately panicked with excitement and checked around a few of my go-to electronics websites to see who had them for the cheapest. Long story short, I scraped up (read: borrowed) some money so I can order them on Amazon for NEXT DAY SHIPPING!!!! and also used QuadPay so I can pay for them in installments... ya girl definitely does NOT have $300, let alone $100 lying around. So, I got them the "2nd day they were released" and been playing with them ever since.

I finally got to try them out in a car, train, bus, the subway, in an office, at home with air conditioners/fans, and at the laundromat and they stand up pretty great, ANC wise. (I should add that this year is really my first time using ANC headphones; I have the Sony H4's and Wi-1000X's that I got in 2019, but only used them for ambient sound). These are also the longest I've used truly wireless, as I've tried the F3's but hated the form factor... I just couldn't do it haha.

My connection is the iffy part - I use the A55 walkman DAP and it's hard to keep them in my pocket or fanny pack (lol) without the connection getting choppy. Hopefully, that'll get better with updates? Also, I truly hate that these don't have multipoint... I got so used to having my H4's connect to my iPhone/Mac and A55. Bummer... also hopeful that this can be fixed in an update, along with better choices for touch controls as someone else here mentioned.

They're sounding better and better for me, too, because I'm using one of the EQ suggestions found in this thread. I actually have a question about that; what other EQ settings do y'all suggest? Is there a way to find the "Harman target" for earbuds?
Glad you like! Question, Amazon takes Quadpay now?

Jun 13, 2021 at 9:37 PM Post #255 of 2,999
Glad you like! Question, Amazon takes Quadpay now?

Maybe she has a quadpay credit card

Amazon doesn’t *directly* take QuadPay, but I had to do a workaround. QuadPay let’s customers use their service at a majority of online stores, you just have to download the app or add the extension to your browser and it works. I don’t have a credit card, but to make this purchase, it gave me a temporary card to make the purchase, but I’ll be paying off that card with my debit card. If any of that makes sense lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back