sony WAS wrong!
Jan 21, 2005 at 2:52 PM Post #2 of 27
Boy, I hope they start supporting MP3 on Minidisc players.

I was caught up in the shuffle hype for a bit, but then started thinking just how much nicer 1gig removable media and long battery life would be.

Jan 21, 2005 at 4:37 PM Post #4 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by Earwax
Boy, I hope they start supporting MP3 on Minidisc players.

I was caught up in the shuffle hype for a bit, but then started thinking just how much nicer 1gig removable media and long battery life would be.

Yeah, I guess Sony is seeing the light and realizes that they could get a bigger consumer market share if they start supporting MP3.

Jan 21, 2005 at 4:50 PM Post #5 of 27
Good for them! I love Sony and I'm proudly a Playstation fanboy too. PSP-heck, I will be in line day one!

Jan 22, 2005 at 4:22 AM Post #6 of 27
A Hi-MD unit with MP3 support would the the best thing ever
tongue.gif

Jan 22, 2005 at 3:35 PM Post #8 of 27
It wouldn't be the first time Sony help Apple with it's best technology ... miniturisation
cool.gif

Jan 22, 2005 at 3:57 PM Post #11 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by D-EJ915
A Hi-MD unit with MP3 support would the the best thing ever
tongue.gif

An iPod with Hi-MD's recording capabilities would be the best thing ever.

Jan 22, 2005 at 7:53 PM Post #13 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by bangraman
An iPod with Hi-MD's recording capabilities would be the best thing ever.

an iRiver then

Jan 22, 2005 at 8:02 PM Post #14 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by Embio
an iRiver then

Except the iRiver's recording abilities are positively Neanderthal compared to Hi-MD. To put it mildly, they're awful.

Jan 22, 2005 at 8:20 PM Post #15 of 27
this is old news..

but to defend sony a little bit, it wasnt entirely their fault.. they were pretty much forced to go with atrac because of sony music/pictures.. now they say they're trying to work things out with eachother... i think they missed their chance and they're gonna have to come out with a really kickass product if they expect to compete with anybody..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back