Sony Walkman NWZ-S639FS vs cowon d2
Jul 31, 2009 at 9:35 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Installation

100+ Head-Fier
Hi all, at the moment I have a cowon D2 and was wondering how the sony walkman matched up against it in terms of pure sound quality? (Also, I'm a bit of a basshead so it would be nice if you mentioned it).

At the moment I'm only using sennheiser cx300s on the d2 and I don't really feel as if I'm getting as much bass as I would like, so any comparisons would be nice (I suspect my 'problem' is actually from the sennheisers, but it's always nice to know).

Thanks

Jul 31, 2009 at 10:36 AM Post #2 of 5
Did you use the search before posting this thead?
There are already man topics regarding both of these players
wink.gif

To make it short: The Sony has way more bass than your D2.

Jul 31, 2009 at 10:52 AM Post #3 of 5
Really? Woops, well thanks.

Jul 31, 2009 at 11:52 AM Post #4 of 5
I dont like the cx300s with the d2 ,i use ultrasones but also have the px100s and find them an excellent budget headphone as are the ksc75s ,same as you i am wanting to try out the sony sound (probabley an x series) as i am hearing theres a wider soundstage and some say less digital sound but less detail.
having said that i am loving the d2 ,the layers of sound ,seperation and detail are amazing with nice space between the instruments ,but the caffine ultra adds alot as well

Jul 31, 2009 at 2:15 PM Post #5 of 5
Well as it goes I'll probably try the sony out just to see how it goes, I'm getting new headphones either way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back