Sony walkman NWA-55
Aug 21, 2021 at 5:09 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

somacast

New Head-Fier
hi,

I just bought this walkman nwa55 , but there is a real funny thing about it,

all audio track tunes like surround , clear sound plus , etc , seems to work only on wired headphones, but any kind of Bluetooth headphones or even car , tried many good ones sony , Samsung, jbl , in all of them the audio settings of the tracks being played do not change anything..

do they apply only to wired headset? thnx

Aug 21, 2021 at 6:37 PM Post #2 of 13
Under Bluetooth, check Check Audio Device Connection settings.
You might try resetting the NWA-55 (device settings).

Aug 22, 2021 at 6:19 AM Post #6 of 13
so is it confirmed that those settings only work via wired headphones?

any one succeeded in getting that to work via Bluetooth? because its funny that even volume up or down from walkman doesn't change the volume !!

Aug 22, 2021 at 9:55 AM Post #7 of 13
Contact Sony's customer support (tech support?) see if they can offer any help.
hi,

I just bought this walkman nwa55 , but there is a real funny thing about it,

all audio track tunes like surround , clear sound plus , etc , seems to work only on wired headphones, but any kind of Bluetooth headphones or even car , tried many good ones sony , Samsung, jbl , in all of them the audio settings of the tracks being played do not change anything..

do they apply only to wired headset? thnx
https://helpguide.sony.net/dmp/nwa50/v1/en/contents/TP0002342897.html

Aug 22, 2021 at 9:59 AM Post #8 of 13
so is it confirmed that those settings only work via wired headphones?

any one succeeded in getting that to work via Bluetooth? because its funny that even volume up or down from walkman doesn't change the volume !!

Yes, it 100% only works via wired.

Aug 22, 2021 at 10:02 AM Post #9 of 13
Aug 22, 2021 at 10:08 AM Post #10 of 13
Thanks alot , did that today morning awaiting their reply.

ok , thanks , so is that the case with all mp3 players in the market of decent brands? or is it just a sony mentality stuff again ?

Not sure about mentality, I think they intended to let audio effects through BT, as you don't get a message that they don't work.

Not all players may do this, but I don't know too many players with audio effects.

Aug 22, 2021 at 10:17 AM Post #12 of 13
thanks alot, so it will be a trail and error, or just stick to annoying mobile phone experience..

So they may have intended to allow effects via BT, but they didn't do it, so they don't work.

Still, I think that BT audio from these players sounds better than from a smartphone, so give it a try for a few days.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back