SONY W.EAR Q33LP ?
Feb 7, 2002 at 2:09 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 26

MDMAN

New Head-Fier
does anybody know where i can get a pair of sony w.ear Q33LP headphones band new for a cheap price
confused.gif

Feb 7, 2002 at 2:14 AM Post #2 of 26
Why bother? It's a piece of ****. They, like, don't have any bass...

my KSC-35's and my KSC-50's SLAUGHTER them for comfort, sound quality, looks, price, utility, durability, etc. etc.

Feb 7, 2002 at 2:39 AM Post #4 of 26
Koss KSC-35 or Koss KSC-55....

they both totally whoop the mdr-q33lp, and they cost the same price, or less....

same TYPE of headphone, too!!

I have compared the q33, the ksc-50, and the ksc-35 directly.... what do you want to know about them??

Feb 7, 2002 at 2:43 AM Post #6 of 26
Okay, if you are vain and care about futuristic types of looks, go with the Koss KSC-50 for $20, either online (check shopping.yahoo.com) or at Best Buy, or any other big retail place (CompUSA, that sort of deal). Or, buy them from www.headphone.com

If you are willing to buy online, and don't mind paying an extra $15 for the best clip-on headphones on the planet, than get the Koss KSC-35's. They have more bass than the 50's, are far more inconspicuous, are more durable, are lighter, are MUCH more comfortable, are actually snug enough to exercise with, but they don't look futuristic. You can get those from www.headphone.com

And BOTH of these headphones slaughter the w.ears in sound quality..... i mean, BIG TIME..... and the 35's slaughter it in comfort BIG TIME, and the 50's are merely "better" in comfort.

Feb 7, 2002 at 3:24 AM Post #8 of 26
the Q33 is the worst headphone I've ever listened to, and that includes the headphones that came with my CD player! By all means get either the KSC-50 or the KSC-35.

Feb 7, 2002 at 5:54 AM Post #9 of 26
Yeah, I was suckered into trying out those Sony w.ear things because of how they look. Big mistake. They do sound as bad or worse than the free headphones included with most portable devices. I can't believe Sony expects people to pay $30 for such terrible sound. There's really no comparison between the w.ear phones and the KSC35.

Feb 7, 2002 at 6:13 AM Post #10 of 26
biggrin.gif
THANKS GUYS FOR SAVING ME FROM BUYING A CRAPPY PAIR OF HEADPHONES IS THERE ANY OTHER ONES LIKE THE KOSS IF NOT I THINK ILL TAKE ALL OF YOUR ADVICE AND GET THE KOSS 35. ALSO ARE THE SONY STREET STYLE GOOD OR ARE THEY CRAP TO?

Feb 7, 2002 at 7:05 AM Post #11 of 26
MDMAN, all of the Sony Street Style headphones are especially crappy for the price that you're paying for them! RUN - DON'T WALK - away from those Sonys!!
mad.gif

Feb 7, 2002 at 9:42 AM Post #13 of 26
Quote:

Originally posted by violeta88
AND THAT GOES FOR THE MDR-V600 AS WELL!!!
biggrin.gif

not to be confused with the MDR-V6 !

Basically the only Sony's worth the while are:

mdr-v6
mdr-e484 (very rare - not the same as 848 - big difference)
mdr-ex70
mdr-e888
cd-1700
cd-3000
r10 king

....hope I didn't leave any out!

GO FOR THE KOSS KSC-35's, they are worth the extra money from the KSC-50's (which are also verrrrry decent by the way but have a few flaws - but for the price, they kick ass)

Feb 7, 2002 at 12:09 PM Post #15 of 26
RickG,

Those would require an amp to sound good right? And wouldn't they sound bad without one?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back