Sony Vaio Pocket + Shure e4 + Amp??
Jul 3, 2005 at 6:00 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

mrcheese321

New Head-Fier
I got a Sony Vaio Pocket last week, and so far am loving it. Tonight, I took the plunge and pre-ordered the Shure e4s for when they ship (hopefully this week). I haven't heard the Shures yet, but even if I had, I have no basis of comparison so I'm going to say I like them
smily_headphones1.gif
. My question was if an amp was going to be necessary to get the full power out of the vaio + e4 combo?

If so, budget is $150. Portability is a must and I listen to rock/pop/rap most.

Thanks guys! Everyone has already been so much help this far along, which I really appreciate.

cheese

Jul 3, 2005 at 7:02 AM Post #2 of 4
Quote:

Originally Posted by mrcheese321
My question was if an amp was going to be necessary to get the full power out of the vaio + e4 combo?

No.

The Vaio even drives my Sennheiser HD650's to a comfortable listening level...and then some. That's not to say that an amp wouldn't complement the Vaio. I've used it with the SR-71 and the Micro amp. Sounds great, however, it sort of defeats the portability that the Vaio and a decent set of canal phones provide.

Jul 3, 2005 at 4:07 PM Post #3 of 4
I have e4, SM3, HD-600, and vaio pocket right now. For portable use, I'm satisfied with e4+vaio pocket combo. My amp is only used for my hd-600 when I listen at home. The amp is going to improve your e4 a little, but it's not going to make a world of difference.

Jul 3, 2005 at 4:07 PM Post #4 of 4
Are you using the headphone out, or the line out from the dock?

I was trying ti figure out a case for it, but if the line out is necessary, then I will have to find a bigger case than I originally planned.

c

Users who are viewing this thread

Back