Sony: v6 & v7506 the same?
Feb 15, 2007 at 2:57 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

mtd

100+ Head-Fier
I hear these are exact same headphones minus stickers, and a gold plated connector. Anyone disprove this, and claim sonic differences?

Feb 15, 2007 at 3:40 PM Post #2 of 12
*Bump*

Feb 15, 2007 at 3:47 PM Post #3 of 12
The V6 is over 20 years old: there's going to be sonic differences even between the new V6s (that are made in China) and the old ones (that were made in Japan). I think Sony has redesigned their drivers since the old manufacturing.

Feb 15, 2007 at 8:38 PM Post #4 of 12
Actual experience?

Feb 15, 2007 at 8:51 PM Post #5 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by mtd /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I hear these are exact same headphones minus stickers, and a gold plated connector. Anyone disprove this, and claim sonic differences?

No, they are the same. The V6 is sold in the commercial market and the 7506 is geared towards the professional audio market. I have a pair of 7506's...they are great headphones.

Feb 15, 2007 at 8:55 PM Post #6 of 12
Quote:

same aside from cosmetic differences.
its the same driver inside. if you call sony parts service and request the replacement driver part number its the same.

Feb 15, 2007 at 9:09 PM Post #7 of 12
Very good guys ..

I'v decided to sell all my equipment and just use these sonys. I feel like the dali llama or something
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 15, 2007 at 10:48 PM Post #8 of 12
Quote:

Very good guys ..

I'v decided to sell all my equipment and just use these sonys. I feel like the dali llama or something
smily_headphones1.gif

You're joking, right? You have the HD580 and DT770...

Feb 15, 2007 at 11:12 PM Post #9 of 12
Quote:

Very good guys ..

smily_headphones1.gif

I could understand this reasoning if you are an audio engineer and you just need the phones for tracking, drum and signal monitoring.

I was torn between the HD280 and getting a new pair of 7506s. I think I'd be happy either way and am very happy with the Senns.

Its not what I'd reach to for an 'enjoyable' experience, but rather for critical listening of my own tracks and other works. I guess an enjoyment of its own.

DT-770 I've heard is great, and I'll have to try it out. I take it you prefer the Sony over the Beyer? If so how come?

Feb 15, 2007 at 11:48 PM Post #10 of 12
I know that many of us beleive and still argue that they are exactly the same heapdhone, but the is no evidence at all of that fact....there is no reference in any Sony literature, nor any answer from any Sony rep, accepting or denying that they are even alike...to use the same drivers (if this is the case) or to share the cup shape, and some parts does not implicate at all they are exactly alike or that sound exactly alike...if you look other heapdhones for example you will find the same, see Ultrasone thread for example they use same drivers and parts for several models and non two of them sound alike, you can tune other internal aspects of the design, and make them sound not so alike...Several other manufacturers also share drivers, Sony is just one of them...Senns, AKG, Ultrasone, Grado, etc...

Feb 15, 2007 at 11:57 PM Post #11 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by huhwhat /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You're joking, right? You have the HD580 and DT770...

IIRC a few head-fiers who don't visit anymore ended up staying with the V6 after having better stuff. It's not really that strange.

Feb 16, 2007 at 1:33 AM Post #12 of 12
Have them both... bought the 7506 about 5 years ago, made in Japan, bought the V6 in Dec. 2006, made in China. They sound identical to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back