Sony V6 tight enough for DJing?
Feb 5, 2002 at 7:01 PM Post #16 of 19
The mixers without equalisation are really basic and useful only for voice-overs / announcements / PA stuff.

If you're even a bedroom/amateur DJ here's some free advice: Invest in a _good_ mixer with at least -12dB to +3dB of attenuation for bass/mid/treble.

The better mixers come from Pioneer, Technics and Vestax- I made the mistake of buying cheap nasty gear when I was young.
Then having to do incremental upgrades along the way. Ended up spending ALOT more money than if I had just saved up for 2 good decks and a nice mixer to use from the start. And those Technics SL1200 MK2's last almost forever, so you save a heap by getting rugged workhorse decks.

I wish someone had told me that when I was starting out.

With an EQ I also think your technique will improve faster and it will help your mixes sound better.

meme4me:

Can you pop me a PM re. the availability of HD25 in Australia? I too would like a pair for ~US$120.

Aug 2, 2002 at 1:52 AM Post #17 of 19
Quote:

Originally posted by meme4me
Hi the reason im not throwing my credit card at the nearest store that carries sony v6/7506s to purchase one is that I have found a good source that sells cheap HD 25, only $120, that is about 30 more expensive than 7506 and is supposedly very very good quality.

Hence in this case the v6/7506 doesnt have the price edge over the HD 25 (not much anyway) and im just wondering if the sound quality and everything else on the HD 25 justify the extra 30 bucks.
confused.gif

where did you see them for 120!!!

Aug 2, 2002 at 6:20 AM Post #18 of 19
Back to the original question -- I believe the Beyer pads do improve the V6's isolation. I have the stock pads on my V6, but I've heard many others who have the velour Beyer pads say they isolate more than the stock pleather pads.

kerelybonto

Users who are viewing this thread

Back