Sony v6/7506 louder in one ear?
Apr 8, 2002 at 4:09 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

meme4me

New Head-Fier
Just wondering if this phenomenon is observed in other V6 cans or cans in general, I'd say the right can is about 10-20% quieter than the left one, initially i thought theres something wrong with my right ear (hopefully not the result of listening from cans) but it was quickly disproved by using the right can on my left ear, which is again quieter than the left can.

Ive had it for about a month now so i guess i won't be able to return it, the problem wasnt there when I first got it, can anyone suggest any causes and solutions to this problem?

Apr 8, 2002 at 8:05 PM Post #2 of 8
You should try some test tones that have equal balanced outputs.

Also, the headphone jack or amplifier might be a problem. See if the same thing happens with a different pair of headphpnes or with a different source.

Sony products are not exactly known for their quality. Many of my sony heapdhones develop this problem over time. My EX-70 LP had this problem after a month of use. It was so bad, I had to throw them out. I really don't know if you can fix this problem or not with your V6.

Apr 8, 2002 at 8:08 PM Post #3 of 8
I have had that problem. I thought my V6's were defective but it turns out it is my soundcard that is the problem. I thought it was the cans but my 580's do the same thing when paired with my soundcard. Do you get the same thing with other sources?

Apr 8, 2002 at 10:03 PM Post #4 of 8
I bought my V6's about 2 weeks ago...the first time my friend and i took them out of the box we noticed the same thing. Ive been breaking them in and it seems to have leveled out a little, but that may just be because im getting used to it as well since my friend still said it was annoying him the last time he listened to them. I've played them out of many different sources...my laptop, an old stereo, my friends mixer, and another person receiver and its been noticed in all of them so i dont think thats the solution to the problem. I'm going to send mine back i think and just hope its different on the new ones...although now with your post im wondering if its that way on all of them...cant hurt to try though right?

Apr 8, 2002 at 10:55 PM Post #5 of 8
PhoeniX, just give 'em to me! I only really use one earcup when beatmatching anyway, right?

...err, maybe not.

BTW, build 5 is coming tonight
evil_smiley.gif

Apr 8, 2002 at 11:24 PM Post #6 of 8
I am having the same problem with my MDR7506. I thought it was just my ears at first because even when I switch the left cup with the right, I got the same result. But now you mentioned it, it could be mismatched drivers.

For a while, I just thought my left ears is just way more sensitive then my right ear. Because I have a weak left eye so my left ear has to be more sensitive to compensate for it.

Apr 9, 2002 at 12:55 AM Post #7 of 8
Wow, Pepsione1! That is the most gorgeous picture of the V700DJ's I've ever seen! But its always the best to get the V6's at half the price, and use the saved money to almost get a twirl from a girl like that
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back