Sony turntable that convert to native DSD ?
Jan 6, 2016 at 6:11 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 27

Whitigir

Member of the Trade: Portable Modder
Oh..my...oh..my...god ! Finally, who has collected the most vinyl can now convert them all to DSD and be used with all of the newest gears that play back DSD natively nowadays : wow

http://www.cnet.com/products/sony-psh-x500/

Please, anyone is going to purchase this and convert their own DSD, voice up :D thank you

Jan 6, 2016 at 6:49 AM Post #3 of 27
Wow!
Very nice find Whitigir, greatly appreciate it.
I am grabbing one as soon as I know where to buy.

Now I can have all of my vinyls turned to dsd.
Pretty awesome!

Settle down peeps.
Have you got an audio interface ? If so, then get some software and I'm sure you'll be able to do it already without buying this. It's like turntables with digital outs. Gimmickry.

Jan 6, 2016 at 7:04 AM Post #5 of 27
Is there any other solution now that can do this?

Thanks.

I would've thought any old audio interface could record via pcm and conversion to dsd would then be possible via software. Not sure if there's an existing interface that can record straight to dsd.... I think Korg and Sony make products which allow you to do this. At the end of the day, dsd is way overhyped,as is hd audio in general.

It's kinda silly....you're converting analogue to digital. Why do that if you're listening to vinyl? To listen on daps? Then just record pcm, and convert to MP3

Jan 6, 2016 at 7:16 AM Post #7 of 27
DSD enc"]DSD encoding is known to be far superior to PCM...ight analog to DSD conversion in one button :D can't beat that, atm the only way to convert DSD is as you stated above. This device will be able to do just that at highest quality in 1 press
lol

Are you a bat, or dog or have better than human hearing? Then this statement will mean something to you. Otherwise if you have normal human hearing 16 bit 44 khz is sufficient (overkill really). You want to spend money needlessly then by all means, get one. A copy of the Bible would serve the same purpose. No offence intended to anyone.
Edit- advice for the poster of the question- do yourself a favour and read the threads on audiophile myths before buying anything else. Don't get sucked in by misinformation by unqualified people in forums. Again, no offence intended to anyone.

Jan 6, 2016 at 7:22 AM Post #8 of 27
It's kinda silly....you're converting analogue to digital. Why do that if you're listening to vinyl? To listen on daps? Then just record pcm, and convert to MP3

The reason Sir in the conversion, is to be able to listen to those rare vinyls in the highest quality possible. And yes, the main purpose of daps is portability. You dont happen to take your turntable, preamp, amp and speakers with you on business trips, do you?

Cheers.

Jan 6, 2016 at 7:26 AM Post #9 of 27
The reason Sir in the conversion, is to be able to listen to those rare vinyls in the highest quality possible. And yes, the main purpose of daps is portability. You dont happen to take your turntable, preamp, amp and speakers with you on business trips, do you?

Cheers.

Re read my post(s).

Jan 6, 2016 at 7:29 AM Post #10 of 27
If you really love dsd then just get a dsd recorder....then you can record whatever you like (including hdef barfing) if you wish. But you're wasting your $. I'd just spend my money on a good quality interface with great ad converters.....Apogee, UAD....ETC.

Jan 6, 2016 at 7:38 AM Post #11 of 27
Yeah, I know the myths, I know de-bunked myths...etc. I even tested myself, I can tell the differences from down sampled 24/96 to 16/44.1 feeding into the Mojo, or just pure 24/96 feeding the Mojo. I can not tell if you let me A/B a whole song.....but I will and can tell when I was given a specific 2 seconds clips on the specific regions that I chose and picked. I did that. If you wonder what I use ? Zx2, mojo, th900, silver cables. I can even tell the differences from Mojo to Zx2 and etc.....and I have normal hearing, not bat ears.

Believe me or not, it is up to you. Now between DSD and PCM high-resolution ? I can not tell lol....so yeah, in fact I agree with you some what, and I don't agree that 16/44.1 is sufficient the minimum would be 24/96 before I can not tell within the 2 seconds frame period.

Anyways, new technology, and the ability/possibility to carry your collection of classic vinyls on the go ? Everything happens with a touch of a button and at the simplest way ? Why not . It is much better than paying for 5-6$ a DSD track from the website :D

Jan 6, 2016 at 7:40 AM Post #12 of 27
DSD encoding is known to be far superior to PCM....and straight analog to DSD conversion in one button :D can't beat that, atm the only way to convert DSD is as you stated above. This device will be able to do just that at highest quality in 1 press lol

Hi Whitigir. Just a good natured question for you. I've noticed that you were hyping the Sony Zx2 quite a great deal. Did you notice in the specs that it isn't capable of the dynamic range that most hd music calls for? I'm not trying to start a fight....just a light natured debate.

Jan 6, 2016 at 7:41 AM Post #13 of 27
Hi Whitigir. Just a good natured question for you. I've noticed that you were hyping the Sony Zx2 quite a great deal. Did you notice in the specs that it isn't capable of the dynamic range that most hd music calls for? I'm not trying to start a fight....just a light natured debate.

That I do not know, what is zx2 dynamic range ? I only know what I hear, and what I don't. I don't hype, I seek better music, and when there is, I will buy it....certainly don't want to get a hole opened up by the like of AK380

Jan 6, 2016 at 7:43 AM Post #14 of 27
Yeah, I know the myths, I know de-bunked myths...etc. I even tested myself, I can tell the differences from down sampled 24/96 to 16/44.1 feeding into the Mojo, or just pure 24/96 feeding the Mojo. I can not tell if you let me A/B a whole song.....but I will and can tell when I was given a specific 2 seconds clips on the specific regions that I chose and picked. I did that. If you wonder what I use ? Zx2, mojo, th900, silver cables. I can even tell the differences from Mojo to Zx2 and etc.....and I have normal hearing, not bat ears.

Believe me or not, it is up to you. Now between DSD and PCM high-resolution ? I can not tell lol....so yeah, in fact I agree with you some what, and I don't agree that 16/44.1 is sufficient the minimum would be 24/96 before I can not tell within the 2 seconds frame period.

Anyways, new technology, and the ability/possibility to carry your collection of classic vinyls on the go ? Everything happens with a touch of a button and at the simplest way ? Why not . It is much better than paying for 5-6$ a DSD track from the website :D

Ok, I'll just say I don't believe you and leave it there. Good day sir. Happy listening. :)

Jan 6, 2016 at 7:44 AM Post #15 of 27
That I do not know, what is zx2 dynamic range ? I only know what I hear, and what I don't. I don't hype, I seek better music, and when there is, I will buy it....certainly don't want to get a hole opened up by the like of AK380

Nah it's all good man. If you're happy with your music then that's all that matters.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back