Sony tips vs Sennheiser tips...
Jan 17, 2010 at 9:33 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

ShootingStars

100+ Head-Fier
Does anyone find that when using Sennheiser tips the treble is a bit off and when using the Sony tips its perfect? Or is it just me and Mr. Placebo?

Jan 17, 2010 at 9:43 PM Post #2 of 9
I have exactly the same impression and I am happy that someone agrees
biggrin.gif
My IE8's sound muddy while using single flange sennheiser tips and they just evolve while using sony tips,literally. By the way, it is not just treble that gets better, also bass and soundstage are superior imo.

Jan 17, 2010 at 9:47 PM Post #3 of 9
I have the same opinion as well. Overall, the genuine Sony EX silicone tips are the most successful on the majority of my earphones with the wide nozzle. However, the UE silicone single flanges are even a little better on my Senn IE8's... and oddly enough, they never work out better than the Sony's on any other earphones. I do like the Senn bi-flange tips on some of my other earphones as well though, just not as much as the Sony's usually.

Jan 17, 2010 at 9:51 PM Post #4 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by cn11 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have the same opinion as well. Overall, the genuine Sony EX silicone tips are the most successful on the majority of my earphones with the wide nozzle. However, the UE silicone single flanges are even a little better on my Senn IE8's... and oddly enough, they never work out better than the Sony's on any other earphones. I do like the Senn bi-flange tips on some of my other earphones as well though, just not as much as the Sony's usually.

Are the sq and comfort better with the UE silicones? I mean, is the treble at the same quality?

Jan 17, 2010 at 9:59 PM Post #5 of 9
When using them on the Sennheiser IE8's, I'd say yes. They help with even more treble clarity than the Sony tips, for my ears. Comfort is great with them too. I don't know why I only get that result with the UE tips on the IE8's only.

Jan 17, 2010 at 11:50 PM Post #7 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by JTD131 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So where can those tips be bought? (I am having a similar issue with the Senn tips on my ie8's not sealing well)

Thanks!

go to sonystyle website, they should have them

Jan 18, 2010 at 2:48 PM Post #8 of 9
This is exactly what I thought with my Sennheiser IE7! I was so impressed with them for a long time, but started loving them when I used the Sony Single Flange from the EX71! I'm glad to have company!
I'm glad to hear they sound good with the IE8. Been thinking...
Yeah, and pretty sure you can get them from Sonystyle but there tips are a zoo to figure out which one is actually the one you want.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back