Sony supports MP3 .................. err colors!
Sep 30, 2004 at 3:33 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 16

blessingx

HeadFest '07 Graphic Designer
Supplier of fine logos! His visions of Head-Fi
Okay, there hasn't been a new Sony-supports-MP3s thread in like two whole days... but looks like besides listening to the desires of users for a common format, they also listened to iPod mini users... or designers.

Introducing the NW-HD2.

7166396751784728.JPG

I gotta admit when I saw a NW-HD1 in the flesh it was a really nice looking player and amazingly small. Although this one doesn't support MP3s and is of course Windows, cough Vaio, only, if those both change, I'd consider one.

Sep 30, 2004 at 4:37 AM Post #2 of 16
They won't support mp3 ever

Sep 30, 2004 at 4:44 AM Post #3 of 16
I love the blue color!! Remind me of my R50 all over again!!

Sep 30, 2004 at 4:44 AM Post #4 of 16
Why support Macs? They suck anyways.
rolleyes.gif

...just joshin' ya.
icon10.gif

Apple says: "OMG D00DZ, you use Windows, but that's OKAY, cause the iPod will work with it now, so give us your money!" Meanwhile Sony says "NOOOO! We can't have it work on Apples, because if it does, they'll take OUR money!"

The pink one is ugly IMO. (Though I really don't particularly like pink anyways.)

Sep 30, 2004 at 5:07 AM Post #5 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by purk
I love the blue color!! Remind me of my R50 all over again!!

Ahhh I forgot about the R50 and 70 (had the latter for a few years).

Sep 30, 2004 at 6:11 AM Post #7 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by warubozu
Wow, cool colors. So far I've only seen the silver one my local electronic stores.

I'm guessing you live in Japan. In the future?
blink.gif

[size=xx-small]Actually the NW-HD1 looks very similar.[/size]

Sep 30, 2004 at 5:56 PM Post #10 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by sanity8me
so sad.

it's usually the other way around... other companies imitating sony.

my thoughts exactly. Why do they keep pushing this embarrassing rip-off rather than their uber cool vaio pocket?

Sep 30, 2004 at 7:01 PM Post #11 of 16
If sony integrated their MD recording chips into these things, with optical/coax in, and gave it the ability to upload PCM, these would take over the recorder market. Small, portable, awesome battery life, and i'm guessing records longer than the NJB3.

Sep 30, 2004 at 7:22 PM Post #12 of 16
I betcha you could crack someone's skull with one of those. The blue and silver ones look pretty good. No black w/ dark blue tint?
frown.gif
(wouldn't get it anyway, just saying)

Sep 30, 2004 at 7:44 PM Post #13 of 16
the color options aren't really imitating anyone. if you look at sony's past minidisc players and recorders, they have always been available under many different colors (pink and blue included).

how is the navigation on this player? does it make use of sony's mechanical scroll wheel that is present in its newest cd and md players or do you have to push down or up on that wheel to get to the song you want? i can't tell if that circular pad is a scroll wheel or just a push pad.

Sep 30, 2004 at 8:04 PM Post #14 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by PodMan
the color options aren't really imitating anyone. if you look at sony's past minidisc players and recorders, they have always been available under many different colors (pink and blue included).

Actually if memory serves correctly, they started doing that right after the imac had such success becoming multi-color.

Sep 30, 2004 at 8:39 PM Post #15 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by Magic
Actually if memory serves correctly, they started doing that right after the imac had such success becoming multi-color.

The first iMac debuted in September of 1998. Sony's MZ-R30 MD recorder was available in silver or blue (Not much of a choice however the MZ-E30 of the same generation as a player-only and was available in silver, blue as well as orange.) in October of 1996. However, in October of 1997 they released the MZ-R50 MD recorder with a choice of silver, blue, or orange.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back