Sony srs x9, Polk Audio AM6119-A, bouse soundock 10 or what??
Apr 26, 2014 at 7:49 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Carlos O

New Head-Fier
Hello, my dad want a good bluetooth speaker (believe me, i already tried to convince him to get a good pair of speaker monitors, he doesnt want) he was going to buy the Bose® SoundDock® 10 but i told him i would look for something better (here in Perú they cost 700 dollars, i stay in their house in summer for a pretty long time so i will listen to them also, that's why i care) 
i really dont know much about bluetooth portable speakers and i cant really listen to them because here we dont have many brands(i would hve to import it), so wich one would you recommend (around 700 dollars) 
did any of you had the chance of trying the new sony srs x9? 

Apr 27, 2014 at 11:10 PM Post #2 of 6
The Soundlink is actually decent for its price and portability, we use one for when we are grilling in the yard and it sure beats hauling out my friend's studio monitors and swapping out Androids/iPads to hok up to my D-Zero feeding the speakers (actually the painful part is putting them back in the house when you're tired from grilling and also intoxicated). With that one the bass is processed so it won't distort, and the detail and tonal balance are decent enough considering how bad my boom box back in high school was (a JVC tube that I bought for $299 in 1998); best part is I can stand by the grill using my phone as a timer for the steaks but still use its BT to control the music. That said, I wasn't the one who shelled out $300 for it (although take into account a high schooler me spent $299 1998 money on a boom box), so take it to mean that I appreciate anything I can use for free.

However for $700 there are many other options, and not just BT speakers. For one, how important is the single-chassis form factor? Will it be moved around frequently, will it be in the kitchen or the yard, etc? Because you can get this Lepai Class D amplifier from Parts Express (not sure if they ship overseas), or you can get these or similar products on eBay, and they all have a built-in Bluetooth receiver for around $100. No more fussing with a separate BT receiver that has a volume control. Factor in shipping, and you have over $500 to spend on passive standmount speakers compared to the $700 for that Bose product. You could probably hunt down local used speakers if there is a local audiophile internet forum over there - you might even score some decent PSB or B&W for less than that.

Apr 28, 2014 at 10:05 PM Post #3 of 6
  The Soundlink is actually decent for its price and portability, we use one for when we are grilling in the yard and it sure beats hauling out my friend's studio monitors and swapping out Androids/iPads to hok up to my D-Zero feeding the speakers (actually the painful part is putting them back in the house when you're tired from grilling and also intoxicated). With that one the bass is processed so it won't distort, and the detail and tonal balance are decent enough considering how bad my boom box back in high school was (a JVC tube that I bought for $299 in 1998); best part is I can stand by the grill using my phone as a timer for the steaks but still use its BT to control the music. That said, I wasn't the one who shelled out $300 for it (although take into account a high schooler me spent $299 1998 money on a boom box), so take it to mean that I appreciate anything I can use for free.

However for $700 there are many other options, and not just BT speakers. For one, how important is the single-chassis form factor? Will it be moved around frequently, will it be in the kitchen or the yard, etc? Because you can get this Lepai Class D amplifier from Parts Express (not sure if they ship overseas), or you can get these or similar products on eBay, and they all have a built-in Bluetooth receiver for around $100. No more fussing with a separate BT receiver that has a volume control. Factor in shipping, and you have over $500 to spend on passive standmount speakers compared to the $700 for that Bose product. You could probably hunt down local used speakers if there is a local audiophile internet forum over there - you might even score some decent PSB or B&W for less than that.

Hi, thanks for your response, he really want the single chassis form factor, so now we are between B&W A7 or sony srs x9.

Jul 11, 2015 at 12:28 PM Post #6 of 6
Hello

I have just received a brand new speakers SONY SRS X9.
Can someone help me to see how i can connect it to my AK120 II ?
via streaming MQS ? or how ?
sony says that the speaker blue thought Sony SRS X9 are HI RES. 
But don't know how i can use my AK120 with.
Need helps.
thx

Users who are viewing this thread

Back