Sony SBH20 battery problem
Jun 25, 2015 at 8:38 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Michael2200

Head-Fier
Hi!
I have a the Sony SBH20 Bluetooth Headset and when using it with the the Skullcandy Aviators, the battery life is about 30 mins which is nowhere near the advertised battery life span. Anyone know why that is happening and how to prolong the battery time? My best guess is the the Aviators are using up the SBH20's battery very quickly.
Thank for the help in advance!
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 12, 2015 at 12:16 PM Post #2 of 3
Bluetooth headsets are meant to be use with in-ear headphones. Using a headphone especially one with high impedence will surely eat through the battery no matter the brand, well, unless u get a set with more battery life, which will be more bulkier.

May 2, 2016 at 3:37 AM Post #3 of 3
For my case, I am using my Sony SBH20 to power my Audio Technica ATH-M30X. I did notice that the battery life last about 4.5 - 5.0 hrs as supposed to the bundled in-ear headphones which gives me about 5.5 - 6.0 hrs. 

This is expected because my ATH-M30X has a higher impedance over the bundled in-ear headphones. The higher the impedance, the more power needed to drive your cans. I believe that the bundled in-ear headphones is rated at 16 ohms while my ATH-M30X is rated at 47 ohms

But I don't understand why your Skullcandy Aviators will drain much power over my ATH-M30X. If I am not mistaken, your Skullcandy Aviators is rated at 33 ohms (based on http://www.engadget.com/products/skullcandy/rocnation/aviator/specs/). Try using your SBH20 with the bundled in-ear headphones and see if whether the battery will last for 5-6 hrs. I am guessing that your SBH20 has a faulty battery.

To prolong the battery life of your SBH20, try listening at a lower volume (say at about 85%), that way it will lessen the power supplied to your cans. I don't recommend pushing your SBH20 to the maximum volume as it will drain the power of your SBH20 at a faster rate. 

I suggest that you check first if your battery is faulty. If it is, there are stores that can change the battery inside your SBH20 so that it can last longer. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back