Sony SACD setup for headphone
Jun 15, 2003 at 1:39 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Leo

100+ Head-Fier
Well I've picked up a Sony SCD-C222ES yesterday and am wondering one thing about the setup. I'm using the Analog 2CH out on the IC connection. In the manual there is a 2CH Direct mode (Each signal outputs directly from the front speakers. No output from the Subwoofer) and 2CH + SW. Which is the correct setting when using this player with a headphone amp?

Thanks.

Jun 15, 2003 at 6:10 PM Post #2 of 4
From the back of the player, the outputs to the far left are the correct outputs to use; they say 2 channel output. It sounds like you already have it hooked up correctly.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 17, 2003 at 3:38 PM Post #4 of 4
Well found that one of the front feet (open box - demo unit) was bent and the plastic on it cracked. Called my local shop and they have found another unit - brand new unopened and have it on the way for me to pick up this Thursday - all at no additional charge. Great bargain for $300.

Now I'm pairing this setup with the RA-1 and SR225 by Grado. I'm using IC's by DH Labs BL-1 Series II. One thing I haven't considered is a line conditioner/surge protection. Any recommended tweaks for this setup outside of the mods by sacdmods.com for the 222ES?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back