Sony S755 Walkman initial impressions
Nov 26, 2010 at 10:15 AM Post #31 of 58
oO s745's sound better? crap awwwwwwwwww, damn, uhm I'll go to sony store and see if I can try them out, ahh i have the same dillema chaffing, deciding if i should ge the Zune HD, A845 or S755/45 btw what do u mean the ones in europe are limited?

Nov 26, 2010 at 11:08 AM Post #32 of 58
It might be the volume limits due to barmy EU laws
angry_face.gif

Quote:
oO s745's sound better? crap awwwwwwwwww, damn, uhm I'll go to sony store and see if I can try them out, ahh i have the same dillema chaffing, deciding if i should ge the Zune HD, A845 or S755/45 btw what do u mean the ones in europe are limited?

Nov 26, 2010 at 11:12 AM Post #33 of 58
My Japanese A828 is loud - even with my DT880, so the inability of the player to drive the phones could be for many reasons, but I doubt it has to do with the inability to drive. One could be that the OP likes to listen loud. Another could be Europe volume limiting.

Nov 26, 2010 at 12:36 PM Post #34 of 58

Quote:
It might be the volume limits due to barmy EU laws
angry_face.gif

Quote:

could you please expand on this? I mean like so is the volume limi so low that for lots of headphones it's un-usable?

Nov 26, 2010 at 3:15 PM Post #35 of 58
The are plenty of info and threads on ABI:

http://www.google.co.uk/#hl=en&expIds=17259,27744&xhr=t&q=sony+walkman+eu+volume+limit&cp=28&pf=p&sclient=psy&rlz=1R2SMSN_en&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&oq=&gs_rfai=&pbx=1&fp=e58ef3674261fa2b 

Basically, as I understand it, players sold for the EU have (or had to) to meet a certain volume level before being limited (100db I think).  This isn't the AVLS that you can set, this is something additional.  I think it works by the volume only going up to 30 say, where non-EU players go upto 60.

However, on my E445 (which is a couple of years old now), I've never felt that the volume is lacking with of my IEMs.

Nov 27, 2010 at 11:15 AM Post #38 of 58

Quote:
Have you tried playing any WMA Lossless files on the player?

I don't think WMA Lossless plays on anything but Zunes.....or maybe an old Toshiba Gigabeat. Even Rockbox won't support WMA Lossless. Anybody with a Sony player needs to just accept that if they must have lossless, you have to use WAV, huge filesize and all.

Nov 27, 2010 at 1:50 PM Post #39 of 58

Pretty sure Cowons accept WMA

Quote:
Quote:

I don't think WMA Lossless plays on anything but Zunes.....or maybe an old Toshiba Gigabeat. Even Rockbox won't support WMA Lossless. Anybody with a Sony player needs to just accept that if they must have lossless, you have to use WAV, huge filesize and all.

Nov 27, 2010 at 3:30 PM Post #40 of 58

Quote:
Pretty sure Cowons accept WMA

Quote:
Quote:

Cowons will play WMA, but they will not play WMA Lossless.WMA and WMA Lossless are two different things, and it seems many people here don't realize this. Look at this image and you can see for yourself........

Nov 28, 2010 at 9:26 PM Post #41 of 58
Apparently, the A series has been discontinued in Australia, so if you want one, you will have to go to NZ or order in from japan. I was in Italy recently and they had an A845 there for 160 euro, which worked out to about au$213 at the time. That is basically their rrp minus tax, so its a lot cheaper to buy over there, but because of the volume limitation, i didn't get it. Still, much cheaper than getting it in from somewhere else and if you use a LOD + amp, it might be worthwhile to scout around for one from italy?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back